Email to Fax issue

newboy

Hello all,

I am trying to setup the Fax System that is pre configured in Elastix 1.5.2. I am using the FreePBX version 2.6.

I have been able to configre a fax extension and i am able to send the fax using YajHFC.

However i wanted to configure the PBX in a way so that i can send faxes via email, as elastix only send emails from the computers whose IP address is defined in Fax Settings. I will be using some computers with public (dynamic) IP addresses and hence cannot add those IP addresses in the settings.

How can i enable the system to pickup an email (e.g. if i send an email to 0212345678@fax.domain.com) and then take the number from it and send the fax.

I tried to search but could only find very minor information about Email-To-Fax Configuration at but this link only tells me the various ways of email to fax and not how i can do it.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

newboy

Any Help or suggestions by anyone?

speedy3k

It's doable. I set up a test server a while back and started to test exactly what you are trying to accomplish. It was working well, but unfortunately my co worker took the server and wiped it. I thought I had documented everything, but was unable to find my notes. I plan on working on it again soon. As soon as I do, I'll share the info with you. Unfortunately, I don't know when thats going to be.

DaveD

dicko

effing ditto the above post , (still hate this board software)

dicko

You can also use the native hylafax command

faxadduser

to circumvent Elastix' somewhat parochial idea of a fax user.

ref:

man faxadduser

to allow "other connections" to the core hylafax server bypassing Elastix totally apart from it's reporting (remember to add firewall rules to allow these connections and be carefully restrictive if the "user" is liberal in nature)

dicko

p.s.

I endorse Avantfax as a more effective solution than the Elastix one, of course YMMV

newboy

dicko said:
I endorse Avantfax as a more effective solution than the Elastix one, of course YMMV
Is it possible to setup the email to fax easily using AvantFax?

I am happy to use AvantFax as long as i get the email to fax functionality.

dicko

Avantfax is just another front end to Hylafax, just as the elastix one is , so it is neither easier nor harder, but exactly the same.

As DaveD suggested, the hylafax and hylafax+ fora have a number of solutions, most work to varying levels of satisfaction. but the multitude of mime enclosures you can get in emails make it near impossible to write a perfect solution. for example how do you fax an mp3 file? or more likely a micro$oft Office2014 Gold edition spreadsheet?.

What Avantfax does is provide an html front end where you can upload pdf, ps, tif and txt files and have them faxed to the given number.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehdii_igi