Email notifications of voicemail

Discussion in 'General' started by strongbow242, Nov 24, 2009.

1. strongbow242

Here's an interesting question that maybe someone can answer. In FreePBX, you can set up in the extension definition for voicemail to page you that you received a voicemail and have the WAV file emailed to you. I have set the pager address to xxxxxxxxxx@txt.att.net. Ths sends the notification to my cell phone as an SMS message. Themail address is set to my Gmail account and I can listen to the vmail anywhere I can get to a computer. Pretty cool stuff but not quite what I like to do.

If I save the vmail and email it to mms.att.net using Outlook, it arrives as an MMS message with the WAV file. I can then listen to it on my cell phone and don't have to find a computer. The problem is that if I set the email address in the extension to xxxxxxxxxx@mms.att.net, I never get the MMS message; yet, I get it when sending from Outlook. MMS messages can be sent to the cellular WITHOUT the WAV file. Anyone have an idea if this can be done?

This URL says it should work. http://www.ctrlaltgeek.com/2009/07/13/a ... ell-phone/

2. strongbow242

Well, I don't really know how VM was working at all. voicemail.conf was totally screwed up. After mucking around with FreePbx and the voicemail admin module,I got a good voicemail.conf except for extra [General] and [Default] lines at the end. Removed them and it works. I get my voicemails as MMS messages on my cell phone.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: