Email notification

solulogic

i'l try to enter an email in a voice mail to receive an email if i have a new message, it do not work, i'l try to read a part of the book , but i dont understand, i begin to program EMAIL, with an account, an a user, but i'm not able to log into ROUNDCUBE, i'l try many user and password, but it's dont work

I try user and password for elastix, voicemail with extention, always wrong user and password, this is very complicate to send email,

i Forget there is a message in the page when i go in RoundCube ''' Falla login con credenciales de Elastix para '''

if i pay for the offical support, did the operator is able to connect into my pc, to programm it

Yves

Chilling_Silence

Yes they can connect to your PBX and tell you, but this kind of thing is generally better answered in the forums (I would think?)

When it emails your Voicemail, it'll possibly be in your Spam folder if you have it going somewhere like Gmail or Hotmail.

When logging in to RoundCube, I remember there was some sort of requirement when I was testing it. I think it must be either a username starting with (or fully?) lower-case, either that or I might have had to put the domain in twice, such as:
User@domain.com@domain.com

Have a bit of a play around, Im a bit fuzzy, havent used it except for once just to test that it *could* possibly work :)

Hope this helps

Chill.

Patrick_elx

The chapter on email in Elastix without tears will teach you what you need to do

Here's the basic configuration
cd /etc/postfix
nano main.cf

Change

#myhostname = host.domain.tld
#myhostname = virtual.domain.tld

to

myhostname = elastix1.myrealdomain.local

and a few lines further down change

#mydomain = domain.tld

to

mydomain = myrealdomain.com.au

and quite a bit further down

#relayhost = $mydomain
#relayhost = [gateway.my.domain]
#relayhost = [mailserver.isp.tld]
#relayhost = uucphost
#relayhost = [an.ip.add.ress]

change to

#relayhost = $mydomain
relayhost = mail.westnet.com.au (remember to take the # out and make it your ISP)
#relayhost = uucphost

After you have completed the config changes, then issue the following command.

postfix reload
If your email provider need authentication, read the next chapters.

The web interface is to set up an email server/accounts on your computer. That's probably not what you are looking for.

Patrick

Bob

solulogic,

Couple of keypoints...you do not need roundcube to send voicemails as emails. This functionality is already built in and enabled in Elastix (in particular though an application called POSTFIX).

In a well thought out network, running its own mailserver, with DNS correctly implemented (e.g. Windows Server Small Business out of the box generally implements these correctly), there is no requirement to make any changes to the Elastix system as it uses the DNS to determine the mail system (Via MX records).

If you do not run a mailserver in house, then you can either use the ISP mailserver (by making a few minor changes in Postfix - relaying) to send your mail or take the time to learn postfix and use it as full blown mailserver (not recommended).

Roundcube is predominately a Web Mail Interface and is not necessary unless you want a Web interface to your mail.

If you have the latest copy of Elastix Without Tears, the various mail setups are detailed in sections. You only need to implement one of them, and I recommend relaying to your ISP mailserver if you do not have an existing mail server inhouse.

If you are still having problems, leave a voicemail on your system, and then check the /var/log/maillog and provide the relevant part showing your email trying to be sent. If it fails it might have delayed, bounced.

I know the Elastix without tears guide has helped a lot of people, and I know it works as i prepared it with four separate Elastix systems in the lab confirming setup of each one.

Let us know how you go.

Regards

Bob

solulogic

Patrick_elx said:
The chapter on email in Elastix without tears will teach you what you need to do

Here's the basic configuration
cd /etc/postfix
nano main.cf

Change

#myhostname = host.domain.tld

to

myhostname = elastix1.myrealdomain.local

and a few lines further down change

#mydomain = domain.tld

to

mydomain = myrealdomain.com.au

and quite a bit further down

#relayhost = $mydomain
#relayhost = [mailserver.isp.tld]
#relayhost = uucphost

change to

#relayhost = $mydomain
relayhost = mail.westnet.com.au (remember to take the # out and make it your ISP)
#relayhost = uucphost

After you have completed the config changes, then issue the following command.

postfix reload
If your email provider need authentication, read the next chapters.

The web interface is to set up an email server/accounts on your computer. That's probably not what you are looking for.

Patrick
i dont anderstand what to change, i dont have any mail server at my home, i use SYMPATICO mailbox, what i need to program

dicko

I beg to differ, If you are using Elastix, you do indeed have a mail server at you home.

Whether it works or not is the function of the implementer.

the line that says:-

is critical and should be changed to reflect your email smtp server. (the smtp server for SYMPATICO )

just make sure the rest of these changes are also made to reflect your situation
and note that comment:-

>The web interface is to set up an email server/accounts on your computer. That's probably not what >you are looking for.

so don't expect the web interface to go to an email server you haven't setup

Read the Elastix Without Tears again, it's all there, honestly.

Patrick_elx

ok, let's take it step by step.

Check with your email provider on their help page how to setup an email client (outlook, thunderbird, etc...).
They will tell you how to fill in these clients the smtp setup.

Usually it's something like: smtp.provider.tld or mail.provider.tld

then you need to log in in ssh to your elastix box.
You need to edit the file main.cf and change the lines indicated above to put the correct smtp server. You also need to put a domain name. If you don't have one, just put something.local instead.

Bob

Solulogic,

The line you need to change is this one

It needs to be changed to Sympatico's Mail server.

Now this thread seems to be going down the same lines as one a few months ago. The line to the thread is here

http://www.elastix.org/index.php?option ... id=3#12916

Between the line I have pointed out above, and the link in the forum, you should hopefully be able to sort it out. User Torontob appears to have the same ISP as yourself, and may be a great source of help being on the same ISP.

Hope this helps...

Bob

solulogic

OK.....

so since yesterday i read ,,,i read,,,i read,,,

i think that i do de programmation ok but the last problem that i have is, my ISP want an SSL on port 25

did someone have the same

Yves

solulogic

Ok it seem that i can not use SSL ,

ok i take an account on GMAIL.com

my accout is solulogic.gmail.com

did someone can tell me exactly what to do

i want to send email notification

pleas help

Bob

Solulogic,

The mail relay you would want to use is smtp.gmail.com

The only thing is because you are using an External (to your ISP that is) mail server, you will need to use Authentication, which is covered by one of the mail articles in Elastix without tears.

Now before you rip into the Elastix mail setup, you should test your Gmail account using a standard mail client. One of the concerns that I have is that most ISP's now only allow port 25 traffic to go via their own SMTP server and will not go direct to Gmail's smtp server. If this is the case you are wasting your time with using the Gmail account.

So what it may mean is looking for articles on Postfix and Sympatico (which do not have to involve Elastix/Asterisk) and see how others have solved the issue.

It is not the fault of Elastix/Asterisk for your issue, it clearly is Sympatico issue, using ports incorrectly (SSL on port 25 is non standard). The only people that may be able to assist, are users on Sympatico and using Postfix or Sendmail(at least for concepts anyhow).

Regards

Bob

solulogic

******************good news **********************

FINALLY IT WORK, THANKS

I FOND AN ARTICLE THAT SPEAK ABOUT SYMPATICO, AND I CAN SEND EMAIL ON POP1

NOW CAN SOMEONE CAN TEL ME IF I CAN RECEIVE IN THE EMAIL THE CID AND THE NAME

mazterpr

Questions ... is postfix build-in in asterix? cause i try to get into this to change the relayhost etc.. but when i do cd/etc/postfix says " no suchfile or directory". If it is not installed how do I install it?

Also I did a mailq and I have like 30 emails in que ... but apparently because I dont have postfix there is no way to relay those email to me.

Thanks for everything!

mazterpr

Ok... i found the postfix directory... but it seems it is not running!!

postfix start
postfix/postfix-script: starting the Postfix mail system

and after 5 minutes

postfix reload
postfix/postfix-script: fatal: the Postfix mail system is not running

any suggestions?

gamba47

solulogic said:
******************good news **********************

FINALLY IT WORK, THANKS

I FOND AN ARTICLE THAT SPEAK ABOUT SYMPATICO, AND I CAN SEND EMAIL ON POP1

NOW CAN SOMEONE CAN TEL ME IF I CAN RECEIVE IN THE EMAIL THE CID AND THE NAME
Can you tell us what you do ? please post the link at least!

gamba47

gamba47

mazterpr said:
Ok... i found the postfix directory... but it seems it is not running!!

postfix start
postfix/postfix-script: starting the Postfix mail system

and after 5 minutes

postfix reload
postfix/postfix-script: fatal: the Postfix mail system is not running

any suggestions?
For a better and faster solution please create you own post.

Regards.

gamba47

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti