Email notification of voice Mail message not being

Discussion in 'General' started by EricLomm, Dec 8, 2009.

1. EricLomm

Hello,

I know this message seems, but I get the senses that If I tried to post everything we have tried the message would probably 5-6 time as long as it is. If you have some specific questions or ideas for me to try go ahead and post them to see if we have tried them. (we probably have)

When we had initially setup our elastix box and up until a couple of weeks ago we had been able have elastix send email notifications when users have voice mail's. However in the last couple of weeks this sending of voice mail's has stopped. We have spent most of the day trying to figure out what has happened to cause the emails to not go to the users. It appears from looking at the the postfix logs that the problem is now related to how postfix is trying to send the email.

We have gone through the chapter '37: ELASTIX EMAIL SYSTEM AND WEBMAIL" in the ebook elastix without tears and have tried settings with both one of our external SMTP routers and through our exchange server. None of what we have tried has worked yet. Can someone point me in the direction of what I might be able to try to get the sending of emails to work.

Eric Lommatsch

2. tknman0700

I am having the same problem... have you been able to resolve why you are not sending emails?

3. tknman0700

mail is working on my box because i can say mail -s "test" me@mydomain.com and I will get the email.. but voicemails are not delivering. Any thoughts??

4. rafael

You manage email and voicemails in the same machine using Elastix mail module?

run
    Code:
    tail -f /var/log/maillog

Then call an extension and generate a voicemail. Look at the commandline where you run that command and check out the messages. If there is no messages, that means that the voicemail was never sent to the mail server. And if there is a message, then that should give you the idea of what is wrong.

regards,

Rafael

5. tknman0700