Elastix2.0 recieving DTMF issue, SIP Trunk

Discussion in 'General' started by Elastix20, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Elastix20

I just installed a Elastix2.0, and the whole working envorinment as follows:

[PSTN]=====[E1 Trunk]=====[CISCO Gateway]====[SIP Trunk]====[Elastix2.0 Virtual Machine]=======[Eyebeam Softphone]

with above scenario, i can do:

1. Eyebeam softphone extensions can call each other.

2. PSTN user can dial in through [E1 Trunk], and Eyebean softphone can answer the calls.

3. Eyebeam softphone can dial out to PSTN numbers, in addtion to PSTN IVR system, and make IVR menu selection.

4. I also setup IVR in Elastix2.0 system, as well as a "Misc Application" point to the IVR, eyebeam softphone extension can
    dial to the "Misc Application" and the IVR work normal, can recieve the extension DTMF input.

but the problem is:

the PSTN user dial in the Elastix2.0 IVR, the IVR can not recieved the PSTN user's DTMF input.

One thing i can confirm: the CISCO Gateway do transfer DTMF normally, since when Gateway route the SIP calls to another
    non-Elastix PBX, the non-Elastix PBX IVR can recieve the DTMF input.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

2. Awesomo

Did you define the dtmf type in peer details on the trunk between your elastix install and the cisco gateway?

dtmfmode=rfc2833

3. Elastix20

I don't know what happened, my question has been posted two times. really sorry for that!!!!

For the question i posted, i just find out the solution.

In CISCO gateway, i use:

dtmf-relay sip-notify

when i change it to:

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

the IVR work normal now.

Attention please, in Elastix2.0 SIP trunk setting, i have used "dtmfmode=info" to map the CISCO gateway setting, but it seems dtmfmode=info does not work.