Elastix / Xorcom as Faxing Solution

blangys

We finished up an installation of an Elastix behind a Toshiba for a fax server. We used the 1000 series Xorcom with 8 analog line ports. The Toshiba had an existing 2 port fax solution that we disabled. Built 30 or so users on the Elastix and then set up 5 available analog station ports on the Toshiba to route to the system.

Works like a champ with the one exception is that the Toshiba doesn't recognize that the line is disconnected for a while. Allow for extra ports in your design! Toshiba did just add a new line card that has disconnect supervision to fix that.

Checkout some good information at www.supportdocs.net and find out more about me at www.langys.com

Elastix team - Thank you for all of your hard work. Sell a shirt in an XL and I'll buy one!

blangys

One other thing - Dicko, thanks for your help. You filled in the blanks for me in terms of telling me that the mysql database is being used when freePBX is in play, and that was a big time saver for me on this project. I was headed down the wrong road!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colak