Elastix without tears and conference (with tears)

ghromp

When I make a conference as in "Elastix without tears p111 19.4 HANDLING MULTIPLE CALL-IN CONFERENCE" everything is working fine except the MOH isn't playing when you are the only person in the conference. When I look in the logfile, it seems that MOH isn't starting... MOH is working for the extensions and for fixed conference rooms. Anyone ????

Asterisk 1.4.26.1 (iso Elastix)
Elastix 1.5.2-2.3

logfile:
-- Executing [5555@from-internal:1] Answer("SIP/93-09dff830", "") in new stack
-- Executing [5555@from-internal:2] Wait("SIP/93-09dff830", "3") in new stack
-- Executing [5555@from-internal:3] CBMySQL("SIP/93-09dff830", "") in new stack
-- <SIP/93-09dff830> Playing 'conf-getconfno' (language 'en')
== Parsing '/etc/asterisk/meetme.conf': Found
== Parsing '/etc/asterisk/meetme_additional.conf': Found
-- Created MeetMe conference 1023 for conference '81585'
-- Recording
-- <SIP/93-09dff830> Playing 'vm-rec-name' (language 'en')
-- <SIP/93-09dff830> Playing 'beep' (language 'en')
-- x=0, open writing: /var/spool/asterisk/meetme/meetme-username-81585-1 format: sln, 0x9df93b8
-- User ended message by pressing #
-- <SIP/93-09dff830> Playing 'auth-thankyou' (language 'en')
-- <SIP/93-09dff830> Playing 'vm-review' (language 'en')
-- <SIP/93-09dff830> Playing 'vm-msgsaved' (language 'en')
-- <SIP/93-09dff830> Playing 'conf-onlyperson' (language 'en')
-- Hungup 'DAHDI/pseudo-2000872295'
== Spawn extension (from-internal, 5555, 3) exited non-zero on 'SIP/93-09dff830'
-- Executing [h@from-internal:1] Macro("SIP/93-09dff830", "hangupcall") in new stack

ghromp

OK...
Can I do MOH in the conference tab or isn't that supported?

ghromp

Please,
Where can I add the music on hold in the conference? I googled for days now an can not find an answer...
Someone got the same issue in TRIXBOX:
http://www.trixbox.org/forums/trixbox-f ... c-hold-moh
I've tried to find the files (lookalikes)in Elastix, without success.
Any solution?

Chilling_Silence

Without having a box in front of me now to look at, I'm pretty certain you add it in the same place as all the music, then define a 'playlist' and specify that?

ghromp

THX for reply
But that's not my problem: the problem is that when you are the only person in a conference there is no music on hold (conference made in the conference TAB of ELASTIX). For all the other things MOH is working fine, also for a fixed conference room made in PBX TAB of ELASTIX. So it seems to be that MOH is not enabled in that kind of conference room like mentioned in this link from trixbox:
http://www.trixbox.org/forums/trixbox-f ... c-hold-moh
So where can I modify some files so MOH is working?

ghromp

I've tried TRIXBOX with the solution I've mentioned in my previous post.. and yes on TRIXBOX it works !!! Nobody who can put me in the right direction to fix this in TRIXBOX? I think I'm not the only one who wants to here some MOH when he is waiting ...????

Chilling_Silence

Are you logging in as the "User" or the "Leader"?

There's an option that you can tick when setting up the conf that basically says it'll be silent or not, IIRC you need "Leader wait" as Yes, and "Music on Hold" as Yes also.

Haven't got a system handy though to look and test with sorry, its 1AM here and my wife wouldnt like me making noise ;)

ghromp

That's the point: you don't even have the option "MOH" in Elastix conference configpage. As I mentioned: trixbox has the same issue, but you can fix it like described in the hyperlink... but I cannot fix it in Elastix :(:(:(:

dicko

You said

. . you don't. .

but I do (image attached)
[edit]
well if I was smarter than this dumb-ass software . . . so just text copied and pasted from the page, I highlight the MOH option

Join Message: Message to be played to the caller before joining the conference.

To add additional recordings please use the "System Recordings" MENU to the left

Leader Wait: Wait until the conference leader (admin user) arrives before starting the conference

Talker Optimization: Turns on talker optimization. With talker optimization, Asterisk treats talkers who aren't speaking as being muted, meaning that no encoding is done on transmission and that received audio that is not registered as talking is omitted, causing no buildup in background noise.

Talker Detection: Sets talker detection. Asterisk will sends events on the Manager Interface identifying the channel that is talking. The talker will also be identified on the output of the meetme list CLI command.

Quiet Mode: user(s) count on joining conference

User join/leave: Announce user join/leave

>>>>>
>>>>>Music on Hold:Enable Music On Hold when the conference has a single caller
>>>>>

Allow Menu: Present Menu (user or admin) when '*' is received ('send' to menu)

Record Conference:Record the conference call

Can you be more specific as to what version of FreePBX you are running under what version of Elastix?

dicko

Image?

ghromp

I've have the same options as you have. In the PBX config page (conference) also the music on hold function ... no problem.
My problem is that I don't have the MOH option in the conference TAB in the red bar of Elastix (I have attached a file where you can see what I mean) This is the WEB-MEETME part of Elastix and there you don't have a music on hold option. As mentioned before: it is the same problem as in TRIXBOX (see hyperlink in other posts) but in TRIXBOX there is a solution, but in ELASTIX I cannot find to fix it...

Versions:
Asterisk 1.4.26.1
Elastix 1.5.2-2.3
Freepbx 2.5.1.0 http://forum.elastix.org/old_files/ELASTIX_CONFERENCE.odt

Chilling_Silence

Re:Elastix without tears and conference (with tear

Attached file: conf_moh.png (41K)

You *certain* the option that Dicko & I are talking about ^^ isn't there?

Chilling_Silence

Re:Elastix without tears and conference (with tear

Ah just saw that last reply.

I do believe the problem lies in the actual web-meetme code then, it needs to be added as a "feature" :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr