Elastix without LVM2

fraggle4

Hi

Can anyone give a few pointers on installing elastix without using LVM2 volumes?
Is there any reason why this would be a bad thing?

I ask because I used to use Clonezilla and Norton Ghost to backup and clone disks, but, neither of them support LVM2.
I did try mondo, but if the source and destinations are not identical, it dumps you into advanced mode where you really need to know what you're doing (which I don't)

Thanks,

John

dicko

just type

linux advanced

at the first prompt from the cd, it dumps you into advanced mode where you really need to know what you're doing :)

fraggle4

It was pretty easy, I just went to "Create Custom Layout", deleted all the predfined stuff and made my own partitions. It installed and booted up OK apart from a couple of messages about no LVMs present. I used Webmin to disable the LVM2 monitor service.

dicko

Quite similar to what you got in mondorestote, no?

fraggle4

No,not exactly. I tried using a mondo nuke DVD to restore to a different sized disk, and it detected this and took me out of dummy mode into advanced mode and opened up a vi editor screen full of stuff that was greek to me. I may try this again but it looks as if that involves rtfm-ing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti