Elastix with two NIC's and Two Connections

Discussion in 'General' started by azaelp, May 9, 2010.

1. azaelp

Hello

I got a Question:

We got a Private Lan (192.168.0.0/24) I Got a Asterisk Cluster, We got a Te220 (2 E1) with one carrier and we unit all Asterisk Server with IAX2-Trunk.

Right Now we got one more Asterisk Server with 2 NIC (100/1000 mps) and want to interconnect to or ISP with SIP/TRUNK the spec. for a NIC is:

Eth0 = 192.168.0.112/24 gw 192.168.0.254 all the phones are connected and the IAX2 Trunk (192.168.0.110)

Eth1 = 172.20.55.8/24 gw 172.20.55.1 SIP TRUNK 172.20.50.50 (ISP give us this config)

The Server spec

2. dicko

azaelp, Welcome to Elastix.

I have a question for you too, "What has any of this got to do with "Elastix" ? " Elastix is based on FreePBX, your deployment is not Elastix nor apparently FreePBX.

dicko

3. azaelp

I'm so sorry not to mention Elastix terms of deducing that when in a forum of it was not necessary.
    Ok I got Three servers with elastix two of them are with Sagoma CArd with 2 E1 each one with different provider, i got a new server (These One is described) with elastix too i use FrePBX to make the SIP Trunk and IAX-Trunk also i made two outgoing Rute to each Trunk (IAX AND SIP).

I made changes to CENTOS (5.4)(Linux elastix.xxxxxxxxxx.com 2.6.18-164.el5 #1 SMP Thu Sep 3 03:33:56 EDT 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux)
    Changes are above these lines.

I had read some forum and be in Google for a while, practically I made the correct things but it does not look like be the correct connection we can connect that server be in line

With this someone has some ideas to solve this problem, i had read a lot an nobody has the correct solution.

Thanks

4. dicko

If you are using Elastix, I suggest you read "Elastix Without Tears", you seem to be editing the root *.conf files (i.e. sip.conf and extensions.conf etc. ) , this is a no-no in FreePBX you need to use the " *_custom.conf " that will be "included"

5. azaelp

Please if you can not help me about the problem is Ok for me...
    I didin't change anything about the root*conf of the FREPBX, i know exist _custom.conf for make personals change, also i know if i make changes to the root files they will lost until i apply some changes in the FrePBX console, i have read twice Elastix without tears and the two volumes of unified communications for known what is elastix is not the problem..

When i mean SIP.conf or IAX.Conf or extensions.conf is the general context of the meaning i know if i made sip trunk o iax trunk the will appear in the _additional.conf respective files and also if i made outbound or inbound routes they will place in extensions_additional.conf, also is not the problem that I am making.

I try to conect my server with my provider with one ethernet card and teh same time route it to my phones connected to the server with other NIC

Is this possible with ELASTIX?
    How can do it with out need a fisical router (layer 2 or 3) or making VLAN with router and switches....

That my real quuestion?

I try in the above way i explain, only put the elastix word and that is..

Thanks a lot,

6. dicko

It is not Elastix that makes the connections, it is IP routing, yes it's possible with a serious knowledge of IP routing and your own topology, Elastix is linux based thus it can be it's own physical router, however routing over one NIC is always fraught with problems, obviously. I'm sorry but I have trouble differentiating between what you write and what you mean.

for example:

[iax-trunk-1]
    context=internals

do you have a context internals because that is where you are sending the calls on that trunk ?

But I think the language problem here is a little too much (for me anyway), there are others here who speak in many languages, what is your primary language?, if you post it someone else might be able to help you.

dicko