Elastix with E1/T1

Discussion in 'General' started by qbik, Jan 26, 2011.

1. qbik

Hi,
    This may sound as a silly question but i'll be glad if some of the expirienced people could help me.
    I have a Elastix 2.0 server with a Rhino E1/T1 card. This Hotel has a switch that has another E1 card. Now if I interconect both, can I assignt the elastix server as an internal extension and push calls out via a trunk? Now would this trunk be able to handle the possible 24 concurrent calls or would that depends on the provider?

Thanks

2. dicko

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Aste ... ntegration

should get you started, but you probably want to assign the Asterisk box as a trunk on the PBX not extensions. Make that trunk from-internal as to context as change the timing to be suit the T1 on the PBX. (all explained in the link)

dicko

3. qbik

Thanks for this information, I'll give it a try. As far as the simultaneous call capacity? Do I have to add channels to the 2 pre-configured by my provider on this SIP trunk?

4. fmvillares

hi there try to read first what dicko said and then with the concepts in place review your PBX...one hint t1 es 23 channels in isdn type signalling e1 is 30 channels

best regards

5. dicko

But many legacy PBX's and T1's here in NANP land are configured e&m wink and all 24 ds0 are usable, you need to match the signaling also between the PBX and Elastix, if you have ISDN licensed on your PBX then that is the most efficient and quickest method.

6. fmvillares

as dicko again said cas t1 lines (not isdn) uses the 24 channels in 56 kbps mode the other 8 kb are robbed by channel signalling and uses e&m signalling...

often used in channel bank connections....

7. qbik

I am at this again, Comunication has been established between Elastix PBX with a Rhino E1T1 card, however, signaling is not going out. The PABX is a Matra NeXspan, anyone has any expirience with this? I've been told it is configured as QSIG PRI, is this the way is supossed to be?

8. dicko

use pri-net signalling on the trunk to the PBX

9. qbik

Is this to be configured on Elastix?

10. dicko

11. qbik

Thanks for all your help, I finally got it working with QSIG PRI