Elastix with Broadvoice Problem HELP

armandomuniz

Hi Guys
I'm a newbie and have made a mistake some were I can call out and recieve calls but there is no voice I'm sure its something I'm missing but I have been on it since 2am and gettinga little tired I wanted to figure it out on my own but I need help from the experts what would cause no audio on each side?

Armando Muniz

dwells

Q: Has any calls worked for you? Always dead air?

A: I would suggest first looking at NAT settings in your router. You may need to poke holes to allow UDP traffic (10000:20000) TCP (5060) there are others but I beleive these ports/ranges should allow two way voice. If you are tunking with IAX2 Proto you may also need UDP (4569).

I found this for you:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php ... wall+rules

Can you call another local extension? Does it work?

-dwellsy

armandomuniz

I got it working using the ip address of the elastix box instead of going out to the internet using X lite if I configure X lite to use my 192.168.1.254 for domain instead of XXX.dyndns.com it works that tells me you are correct and its a firewall issue. Can you please tell me what if you see wrong

Thank you for the great set of eyes to the problem

Armando Muniz

dwells

From the screenshot I see a few concerns.

That's fine to use port range forwarding, however I don't see what protocols you are selecting? TCP/UDP/BOTH are common selections.

You are also opening a wider range than neccessary. I'm assuming that you are naming PBX(0-5)as entries not that you have 6 servers running, renaming these so you know what they are for may help for reference. Here's what I mean.

SIP - 5060 to 5061 - TCP - IPADDY - ENABLED
IAX2 - 4569 to 4569 - UDP - IPADDY - ENABLED
RTP - 10000 to 20000 - UDP - IPADDY - ENABLED
HTTP - 80 to 80 - TCP - IPADDY - ENABLED
HTTPS - 443 to 443 - TCP IPADDY - ENABLED
WEBMIN - 10000 to 10000 - TCP - IPADDY - ENABLED
SSH - 22 to 22 - TCP - IPADDY - ENABLED (if you use WINSCP/Putty)

Beyond that, is outside the realm of administrating an Elastix box for it's intended use.

Good Luck
-dwellsy

armandomuniz

Thank you very much alls working now

I have another question?
I use to own a dialup internet service and I would buy blocks of ports to resale dialup, My provider is now in the voip business and they have POPs in all major cities they say they can provide me with unlimited lines at no cost all i pay is munites very cheap so I can resale they said I need a gateway what they are asking for is an public IP to route all traffic to and then I forward to my business cutomers PBX how does that work and what do I need?

Armando Muniz

dwells

Well basically now that you have two way audio from the WWW, all you need to do is get account information from your provider, setup a trunk/inbound|outbound routing/billing (A2Billing Included)/...and oh yeah customers!

You should be able to now give them your XXX.dyndns.com address and all should be fine. You'll probally want a Toll free number (Vitelity, there are many others) for your customers to call in on if you are using calling card applications, or connect them directly to your XXX.dyndns.com address as your domain registrar. (point their x-lite to XXX.dyndns.com to register), I think A2Billing has nice webGUI and has a built in webphone that uses IAX proto. So all your CX's need is a headset.

This is what your provider is doing, but instead of using x-lite alone...you are connecting a server full of x-lites(or what ever you use). You should test your provider with x-lite before your server gets all configured, for QoS testing.

Hope that helps...
Dial and Smile!:woohoo:
-dwellsy

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manuelc