Elastix vs Trixbox

Discussion in 'General' started by toubasat, Mar 30, 2007.

1. toubasat

toubasat Guest

A few days ago I discovert your distribution, I install it on vmware and I find so exciting, that It's install on his own server.

I find all I need for my use of asterisk :kiss:

Thanks

2. gauchosuperale

Yes! I think the same!
    Trixbox sucks.
    (And SendMail Module FAILS on startup and STOP entire system) mmmmm......

Good luck with Trixbox 2.6 (I have test this version on VMWAVE -stable version of trixbox 2.6- and MoH module displays several errors.)

By bye TRIX---....
    Bye bye TRIX.....
    Bye bye happyness
    Bye Bye lonelyness

Alexis.

3. dcparris

My overall experience with Elastix is much more enjoyable than under Trixbox 2 or PBX in a Flash. And Sugar is actually integrated (along with other fun toys). Although I am up and running (new office phone # is managed via Elastix), I still need to explore some of the mored advanced features.

Thanks folks!

4. Ichorcom007

Hey guys ,

Hands down elastix is better. Listen I have servers running elastix 0.8.X that are still better than any trixbox on the market. Astreisk@home was a good project till the fonality got involved I got to have a few drinks with Andrew at the TAUG here in Toronto. And he is a really great coder but he does not control his project any more. Andrew is now a poster boy for the project, he sorta looks like that cowboy from toy story to be honest man.

5. haamed

and don't forget send & receiving faxes !
    it is so terrible in trixbox! :blink:

6. danardf

I doesn't say more.

Trixbox is.... is.....
    No....I can't say it! :blush:

7. pucky900

I've recently crossed over from Trixbox too. I actually went live last night with my first Elastix box and so far so good. There are a few things I still need to work out and a few oddities but over all it was a smooth transition. I've been using Trixbox for about 2 years now and grew increasingly frustrated trying to get a new install working correctly and securing it. The new ISOs are broken and changing default passwords meant editing PHP code which broke other parts. It shouldn't have to be this difficult.

I found Elastix last summer (while troubleshooting Trixbox DTMF issues) but resisted since my old Trixbox was working until recently. I finally had it while trying to install Trixbox on a faster computer. There were so many issues with missing and/or broken parts on the new ISO... actually had to find an old ISO and upgrade from there.

That's it.... it's time to try something new and deploy Elastix.

Over all... it was a much better experience including end-point configuration. Much much easier to lock it down, create users & user groups. The best part was that it was still working after making password changes. Also received some great help here so thanks to all that contribute. The community seems much more active with Elastix.

It will be a while yet before I'm fully comfortable with Elastix but I like what I see so far. Next job is getting the fax going... wish me luck

8. Owarrior

i have run Trixbox for 2 years, and i have 14 Trixbox servers in production foe about one year. i even have one of them being used foe a call center, but it is not really doing the call center thing. when i discovered elastix about six months ago, i did a test install and BINGO! trixbox out the window!!! i am working to replace the call center solution with elastix and fully implement the call center module!!!

thanks Guys its elaxtix over trix anyday

9. danardf

It's bad news for Trixbox , but a good news for Elastix. :)

10. pucky900

Hate to knock Trixbox since it's still pretty solid and works well when up and running. Also, my Polycom phones work great with it which is a reason why I had to move it back to Trixbox from Elastix since I could not get my Polycom 330s' to automatically kick over to line 2 when line 1 is busy. For me, it's just a matter of spending more time on it than I have.

To me it seems like Fonality is focusing more on their paid Pro versions with CE ending up as an after thought. From a business model it makes sense but for me as user looking to get robust phone system without spending a small fortune.... it doesn't.

Having used both, Elastix is looking much more polished than Trixbox. There a lot of little things that make Elastix stronger... specially when securing it, adding users/user groups, the dashboard. I usually keep my Trixbox locked down so that only I get into it since changing passwords usually breaks something else.

Once I can spend more time with Elastix and figure out my Polycom problems... will be switching for good.

11. dicko

I fixed my Polycom 501 single line key issue by adding

reg.1.lineKeys=\"3\"

into

/var/www/html/modules/endpoint_configuration/libs/vendors/Polycom.cfg.php

had to change it to 6 for a 601, and it seemed to work for the 501'2 too

12. pucky900

Thanks... I'll start playing with it.