Elastix vs Trixbox

Discussion in 'General' started by Trying, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Trying

Hi Guys

As a newbie Asterisk enshusiast at the stage of investigating all solutions I have to ask the following: I have loaded Trixbox and it works great. Whenever I have a technical or other question it is answered almost immediately. Elastix seems to be much more exciting with the features added to the system and functionality......... however, I asked twice what the status of Vicidial is after it was stated that it will be incorporated in the newest version. Until now there was no answer. Also, the new version was supposed to be released today, to my excitement, but nothing happened and no communication. Don't get me wrong....... I will rather go with Elastix based on the features, but my experience is that there is not much happening in the volumes and answers of the forums here. So what do I do?

2. cowboy47

In total agreement. I like the way that Elastix looks and feels. However, we have several clients that are wanting this type of system installed but I am starting to have serious doubts for lack of response, or reluctance to share information. I moved away from Trixbox because I did not care for the way that fonality was pushing the box and the other requirements in order to become a "Certified Reseller". I am hoping that there will be a change in the way that the people who are using and working to develop things, changes quickly.

C

3. onsite

Hi, I too want to move away from trixbox because of the fonality "sponsorship". I think they bought the open source a@h just to push selling of the commercial version of software and also hardware and services.
    Other reason is that the fax service is not so important for them US users as it is for us Europeans.
    And another is that they really fear to use new versions of software as it comes from the open source community.
    Last but not least, has anyone seen the interface of the trixbox pro version? Well, it rocks! But the open version, sucks!
    The fact is that trix has a large number of members in the forum and this is killing me...

Just my opinion
    George.