ELASTIX VS. TRIXBOX VS. PBX IN A FLASH

striderec

Greetings,

I'd like to know if someone in the community has a chart or a presentation where the features of Elastix, Trixbox and PBX in a Flash are shown to prove that Elastix is the best Distribution for Asterisk.

Thank you in advance,

Paul

DaveD

There is nothing like the best system it all comes down to personal preference and what works for you, and what you feel comfortable with

striderec

The reason i am asking for this is because a potential big customer of mine wants to see why Elastix and not the others. That is why I ask for such a thing here and not the other forums.

Even when i am fully aware that things of this kind are very personal and subjective, in the end it will put Elastix as the winner. Ultimately, I'm always free to add/remove/modify what is suitable for my very personal point of view.

It had been nice to get a constructive response and some actual help instead of some pointless critic.

- Paul

donhwyo

ramoncio

The main difference is that Elastix is completely open and free. All its features are available to everyone, and there is no paid version with more features.
Trixbox are focusing in the commercial version, and PIAF use many closed binaries and modules.

Bob

I haven't seen a chart and I doubt one exists due to the fact that the systems change every day, many different versions exist etc etc. You then have to have someone that knows each system intimately so that the information is factual.

Then you have other factors that are not necessarily technical factors e.g.

Number of developers working on product
Company's commitment to product
Company's commitment to regular releases
Company's commitment to release dates to new features
Company's commitment to Community and Open Source as a whole.
Community involvement in the product
Documentation, Blogs, FAQ's, recent documentation etc

Some of the items above also then contribute to the personal bias towards a product.

Some of it is reading a large amount of posts from each of the forums to gain an understanding of why people go for one product or another.

I have personally tried all the main ones out there. I have been in the VoIP/Comms space for 5-6 years, so I have seen what has gone on and it makes it easy to make a decision.

I select the Elastix product as they are taking a professional approach to the system as a whole (training, resellers, business features in the product, a good number of internal developers, a good interest in the community, marketing of the name, marketing of the product). Furthermore, the feature set now and what is coming in 2.0 is way past what the others have done or are proposing.

Regards

Bob

striderec

Ramoncio, Bob:

Thank you very much for your approach. You both are right on what you say.

I tried to create some kind of chart comparing prices of licensing to make them see that Elastix is a fully featured IP-PBX solution that has no cost per se. I'll make them see that what they are paying for is my time and efforts during the installation, configuration, testing and the creation of their very unique dialplan along with the required training while other solutions would force them to pay for different version of their products, etc, etc.

I believe i made an interesting chart, Hope they like it!

Best regards,

Paul

danieldoe

Re: Re:ELASTIX VS. TRIXBOX VS. PBX IN A FLASH

would you mind sharing the chart ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member