Elastix Voices and RPM

Discussion in 'General' started by victorcasale, Jul 18, 2009.

1. victorcasale

Dear Friends,
    I'm very happy with my elastix running in my office as oficial PBX. Altought DiscOS (a Brazilian Distro of Asterisk) offers on them website a free file with Asterisk Sounds in Portuguese, some sounds are not so good or they are not translated into portuguese, so.... After installing the Brazilian Sounds avaliable at DiscOS.org, now I have part of sounds in English, part in portuguese. I'm planning to make the translation of all elastix sound with my own voice than offer for free to the ones who needs elastix fully translated.

But my questions are: Where are the sounds located?
    How can I transfer them to my windows computer?
    What is the sound quality and format that the sounds neet to be translated?
    How can i develop an RMP with the translated files?

Thanks

2. gamba47

Sounds are in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds

Using an FTP client or Winspc

Most common formats are: gsm, g729 but this is solved with the command "convert". Make wavs files and the rest is easy.
    I don´t know how is the sound quality required.

:blink:

I hope you can do this!

If you make it possible please make a how to about this. It´s really interesting.

Regards. gamba47

3. victorcasale

Thank you so much!! I'm almost finishing the sound rercords... I will only need a help to create a RPM package. I will give the voices availible in my company site in zip or tar format so if someone wants to use will have this possibility.

I will not charge! My voice is not so beautiful/nice, but ....Thing it will be the first fully/free tranlation into brazilian portuguese avalible.

4. javapaul

5. rafael

Hi victorcasale,

Thanks a lot for the initiative. I would recomend you to do two things.

First join the Portuguese Elastix mailing list, you would find more people with the same need there.

Also joining the developers mailing list would be a good please to help you create the rpm and eventually merge it to the Elastix repos.

Best regards from Ecuador,

Rafael