Elastix to Centos 5.3 software and installation de

angmarti

I'm trying to install Elastix 1.6 on Cirtix's XenServer 5.5.0 Update 2 and need to get the Cent2Elastix (CentOS 5.3 to Elastix 1.6) software. The downloads section contains the version for CentOS 5.4 but XenServer has not released the templates for the 5.4 yet, and it will take them a while to have it ready. Can somebody please point me to the location where I can download the Cent2Elastix 5.3 version?

Also, any updated installation instructions is very much appreciated. I understand the Elastix's version of the kernel needs to be kept (at least to use Zaptel - which i don't need now) and that there are other modifications needed after running the Centos2Elastix script.

Thanks, Angel

dicko

Elastix and all it's components are open source, if you choose to install them in a closed kernel environment (Citrix), then it MUST be up to you, all the necessities for elastix are on the iso image in the Elastix directory or alternately in the repositories defined in elastrix.repo you can install them all with rpm -Uhv *.rpm from the directory or the normal yum install <whatever you need> type thingy, but be prepared to resolve all by yourself any "unresolvables", and, if necessary, compile the broken bits from source (be careful with the version of gcc you use ;) )

You speak of something that was transitory (the Cent2Elastix thingy) and likely not to be repeated, (for the same reason that I spoke of in the other thread) , although the methodology will be similar. I said in that other thread that that would be trivial to one who implements xen, but that was for a kernels DOM0 or DOMU on our own hardware and under your control, unfortunately for you, someone else has you by the balls, and if you can't resolve it, it will be up to those who you bought the system from. I don't think you'll find anyone here who will do your homework for you :)

However good luck and let us know how it works out.

dicko

dicko

Elastix and all it's components are open source, if you choose to install them in a closed source kernel (Citrix), then it MUST be up to you, all the necessities for elastix are on the iso image in the Elastix directory or alternately in the repositories defined in elastrix.repo you can install them all with rpm -Uhv *.rpm , but be prepared to resolve all by yourself any "unresolvables".

You speak of something that was transitory (the Cent2Elastix thingy) and likely not to be repeated, (for the same reason that I spoke of in the other thread) , although the methodology will be similar. I said in that other thread that that would be trivial to one who implements xen, but that was for a kernels DOM0 or DOMU on our own hardware and under your control, unfortunately for you, someone else has you by the balls, and if you can't resolve it it will be up to those who you bought the system from.

However good luck and let us know how it works out.

dicko

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manuelc