Elastix Teleyapper Outbound camapign

Discussion in 'General' started by senthilarasu, Sep 2, 2009.

1. senthilarasu

Dear Elastix experts,

I am using TeleYapper4.0 for outbound camapagin (it calls list of number stored in MySql and leave a prerecorded message)

http://bestof.nerdvittles.com/applications/teleyapper4/

Teleyapper just creates a .call file in /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing directory with the required parameters
    For example:
    Channel: SIP/XXXXXXXXXXX@internal
    ; Callerid: XXXXXXXXXX
    ; MaxRetries: 0
    ; RetryTime: 60
    ; WaitTime: 60
    ; Context: broadcast
    ; Extension: s
    ; Priority: 1

EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECTLY fine. but one issue ( critical issue)

If I make simulatenous calls ( let says 5 calls at same time), it calls all the numbers simulataneously and almost 4 of the call drops in between ( let says if I set to play a message for 30 seconds, it plays only less than 10 seconds and drops)and one call get complete message..rarely 2 calls get completer 30 second message

I am not sure how to fix this issue.

Investigation
    1. No issue at providers end. I made packet capture and call drops from my elastix. Bye message from elastix.
    2. Thought issue could be in my context, if the issue is in my context, how come 2 calls play fully and others drop in the middle.
    3. I verified the scripts in Teleyapper but no issue observed as it just simply creates the .call file and calls are handled only by elastix

Any idea how to investigate & troubleshoot this issue. Any points here are WELCOME.

Thanks in advance

Regards
    Senthil

2. Patrick_elx

I've played with teleyapper a few months ago but I never used multiple simultaneous calls.

I remember that I had an issue with the timing between calls as it was an abitrary timing that has nothing to do with the real duration of the call.

Some shoots in the dark:
    Are you playing a recorded wav or a cepstral/swift text to speech (limit of max simultanous channels)?
    Does your provider let you use multiple simultaneous outbound calls?
    Any issue with your rtp routing (did you open enough rtp for all simulatenous calls)?

3. senthilarasu

Hi Patrick,

I am playing recorded sound file (.gsm). I set 5 simulatenous calls.
    I am sure I don't have any issue with my provider. As I alreasy tested sending multiple channels through the same provider
    I opened UDP ports 10000 to 20000 for rtp, so I think there shouldn't be any issue with that.

Next action plan:

I will create my own .call file and create a very simple context, just to play and hangup and see if it can handle multiple simultaneous channels.

Do anyone know any better application/module for sending outbound campaigns. (I know I can do the same in Callcenter module but the limitation is I need a agent to login to trigger the calls). anyother solutions or comments will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Senthil