Elastix supports how many clients ???

Discussion in 'General' started by jaittu, Jun 12, 2009.

1. jaittu

Dear All,

Could please tell me the current Large installation Base on Elastix Platform. I am planing for an installation of 800 IP Phones (Cisco) with Elastix and 2*E1 Line. Please advise with the Server Details, E1 Hardware etc...

Also What are the options for High Availability.

Regards,
    Jaison

2. virusbcn

Hi Jaison there are no limits to support phones, only you have a good server to support more phone, in my experience only have some PBX with 50 phones, i have a little HP ML110 with Xeon 3065 and 1 Gb RAM, and the CPU is over 1% all time and memory about 300 Mb aprox, maybe you need a little more but there is no problem, maybe one friend can help you more, sorry for my poor english and best regards.

3. virusbcn

For High Availability i make a (i think) a good solution, i have two PBX connect with IAX trunk, the first PBX only have the cards and the config of trunk, the second i have the extensions, IVR, etc. etc. , the second PBX is a virtual machine in ESX, if the second PBX go out (when i have all configs) up the copy virtual and all is working in seconds, if first PBX go out i replace with another machine (no changes in initial config)
    With virtualization if i have one upgrade, before i make an snapshot, if the upgrade is not working in seconds i restore the old snapshot and all is working.

4. rafael

We have two servers connected throw IAX trunk and have 400 extensions using atcom phones + plus 50 extensions using and they are going to grow to 600. We have 100 channels using 2 sip trunks (one in each server) and 20 analog lines for backup. Each server uses 50% of the load (50% of extensions, 50% of sip channels, etc...)

There are 40 concurrent calls in each server.

We use HP ML350 with two quad core procesrs 4 GB of ram in each and the load never goes higher than 10% in procesor and 4% in memory.

Best Regards,

Rafael

5. virusbcn

Rafael one question, you have transcoding or you have all in G711 ???
    PD: Good lab to play :p