Elastix Startup not giving Username And Password

fvelo

Good mornings

I have a little problem with Elastix, when I Start up the server I always have to input the Linux Username and Password, thing is that I need the Elastix to start even if am not able to input this personally on the server, I have been checking out something about making the Linux user level to single user but this seems to disable networking and being this our PBX that is not acceptable.

If anyobdy knows a way around this please be kind and post some solution.

Thanks Beforehand

dicko

Welcome fvelo

No need to "login", the services are all started and already running under the linux multi-user methods, before you even get to see the "bash" prompt.

It's generally referred to as the "init process", a quick summary

http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxT ... ocess.html

dicko

fvelo

Re: Re:Elastix Startup not giving Username And Password

Well Then something is not quite right with our Elastix, please let me explain our situation, we actually use a Xorcom PBX that comes with Elastix installed, we also use astribank for the trunks.

our main problem is that if by any chance the server reboots, unless it is from a web interface command, it won't fully start up until we put the Linux Username and Password via Keyboard, and the Trunks are lighted as unrecognized, neither we can get to the web interface of Elasitx.

If you need any additional information about our configuration don't hesitate to ask.

thanks beforehand

dicko

Perhaps one for Xorcom, they are usually very helpful and respomnsive.

The current boot process will be issued with

dmesg

so dmesg|less allows you to check what didn't start and why.

/var/log/messages is a similar but more persistant log trace of what the machine has done.

fvelo

Thanks for the response I think am going to open some case with Xorcom too, I though this would be easier to fix, am still looking all over the info that the command you posted gives me and no luck so far on why it is happening still have a lot to look at in that info.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti