elastix Setup

Discussion in 'General' started by Global IP Calls, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Global IP Calls

Hello people im from Costa Rica , i will like to understand a little bit the diffrerence between the IVR and the queue setup. I just finished to install aN eLASTIX pbx whit 4 extensions and one varphonex sip trunk , i made outgoing calls and also i receive calls in my trunk , i setup the IVR to send the calls to one of the extensions and it works , and also i setup the IVR to get a recording message and choose which extension you want to send the call, but i like to setup queues, so i have an idea how the queues works and i ll like to know if wrong or not , if i setup a second land line or sip trunk and i setup another incoming route associated to that second trunk i also can setup a queue to send that call to one specific extension ?

My other question is about the IVR, for example , if someone call to my 1st trunk and the call was send it to the IVR which is setup to allow the callers choose between 3 extensions what happen if these extensions are busy or nobody is there in the deskto
    tp to take the call , im able to setup a queue to route that call to another extension whit someone available to take the call .

Basically i want to understand very well how to setup queues to make it useful as possible.

I apreciatte all your help people.

2. dicko

Have you read and digested "Elastix Without Tears" yet?

3. andyshawn

As Dicko said, you need to read Elastix without tears, but let me see if i can get you started.
    When setting up the queue, it will ask you for the extension that you want to add to the queue and if a call is sent to the queue and all extension in the queue are unavailable, then the queue also has a fail-over destination, which you can then set to route that call somewhere else.