Elastix setup-pstn command not working

aerodesliza

Hi all,

I have 2 year of experience using Tribox and now move my mind to Elastix. I just wondering is the setup-pstn command is working in Elastix?

Thanks in advance

aerodesliza

OMG, Does Elastix not suuport system-config-network by default? I run setup and couldn't find the Network Configuration option, after google it I realized I need to install system-config-network, Why? it should be a default option.

gazmac52

I have gone back to 1.5
1.6 without system-config-network by default is a broken install. It is labeled as stable but the description is wrong.

aerodesliza

I'll think anybody will answer the question. Thanks a lot

ramoncio

Hi guys, wellcome to the Elastix forums!

aerodesliza, you are fully right. Removing system-config-network was a stupidity, but you can always use the web gui or manually write the config files for that. They told me they were going to put it back for next updates.

And no, there is no setup-pstn script here. It looks as if they have tried to depend fully at the web gui to configure things. Have you tried the Hardware Detector at the web gui?? Maybe you can have sucess with that.
I hardly use it, as I prefer installing dahdi from console. Have a look at any dahdi howto, it's very late here in Spain and I'm going to bed, sorry.

aerodesliza

Thanks Ramoncio for the answer, I will expecting the next version to be release for the system-config-network option, I will miss the setup-pstn script but I will try the web gui detection hardware.

aerodesliza

dicko

Just to be pedantic,

system-config-network

won't be of much use to you without a GUI, I suggest that

system-config-network-tui

will be more useful in the "black and white" world of Elastix.

I agree with you and posted a work around at the bottom of:

http://www.elastix.org/component/option ... g/lang,en/

We are not Trixbox, it is more a community here with no hidden agenda or deceit , but we are all human, someone forgot a line of text, that rpm is actually on the CD it just doesn't get installed (that is being fixed), I suggest you join us here and be constructive, if you find a bug please track down the bug tracker and post it there.

or if you have the Elastix CD in your drive, try:

mount -o loop /dev/cdrom /mnt; rpm -Uhv /mnt/Elastix/system-config-network-tui;setup;umount /mnt

dicko

rafael

I know this is not a solution for many of you but it works.

type:
ifconfig eth0 10.10.10.10

to set your ip as 10.10.10.10 and then edit the network settings from the gui.

Dicko is right, for next releases we are going to allow network config while the system is being installed. That is even a better solution, becuase as Dicko said in the beta-testers mailing list, almost no one is going to use Elastix with dhcp as default.

regards,

Rafael

aerodesliza

Thanks Rafael, as a linux user that was the step I followed but is good to know somebody answer me :), just remember then you should go to the web gui and select the static address option, now will be save no matter the server is reboot.

I think Elastix could be my new favorite toy but I will need to do some features test. Im very glad for the welcome and I hope to help the community with my field experience.

Regard

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colak