Elastix requet username/password for each page

Discussion in 'General' started by senthilarasu, Jul 27, 2009.

1. senthilarasu

Dear Elastix users/developers

I have a strange issue.

I installed elastix and it was working perfectly fine, without any problems.

Since Yesterday,after reboot

Elastix requires username/password for each page(Tab). I mean, if I am in systems tab and tryto click PBX, then it again ask for username/password.

It is same with all the tab. I think there should be some setting change. Can some one please help me with this.

Due to this issue, I can't even backup my elastix

YOUR HELP WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED

THANKS

Sen

2. rafael

What browser are you using? Are cookies enabled?

regards,

rafael

3. jworm

It's funny, I just had the very same issue. I'm running 1.5.2-2.3 as a kvm guest on Ubuntu 9.0.4 and on a standalone machine. I think the problem arose from the fact that I restored a backup from the configured standalone machine to the kvm guest(default conf/installation/username/password) without rebooting the kvm guest. I wanted to see if I could move a pbx to a new machine if need be. It worked beautifully, except this morning the web interface kept asking for a username and password. I'll wait a few days to see if the problem crops back up and then post an update.

-john

4. jworm

By the way, I tried FireFox on both a PC and Linux, and IE on the PC, the same problem was in each.

5. scristopher

just started happening to me, not sure whats causing it

6. scristopher

i think i may have over updated? im not sure but its quite annoying, cant really change anything in the elastix interface because after i push any button it asks me to log in again, but freepbx still works.
    i think i might have to re-install.
    damn after 4 days
    --cant believe i screwed it up that bad lol

7. jworm

Did you try to reboot via ssh or local console? A reboot solved my problems.

8. scristopher

yes retried think its php related
    now i get these errors at login screen can still log in shows errors at top and bottom of login box
    not sure if this the same issue the rest were having

*@wow completly missed this dont overlook saved cookies or passwords when running into this error, i also checked php.ini and for some reason regester_globals was set to on so i cahnged that back did a reload and still had errors, so deleted cookies reloaded and everything is normal again.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_jtpc7angimal59cd0h04q84jj7, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/html/index.php on line 38

Warning: Unknown: open(/tmp/sess_jtpc7angimal59cd0h04q84jj7, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

9. jgutierrez

Have you checked the free storage capacity of your hard disk?
    df -h

10. senthilarasu

HI everyone,

Issue resolved after reinstalling ( Actually I am running in VMware) so I run my backup.

I tried to replicate this issue.

I confirm that this issue is due to lack of free memory.

My system was working fine until I enough memory. Once the memory got full, the issue appeared again.

IS there anyway to extend the Vmware memory? I eard about gparted, but don't have any experienced before. Is it is safe using Gparted. Will it change some Database settings?

any suggentions or help will be much appreciated

Thanks
    Senthil

11. senthilarasu

I tried to investigate the rootcause of the memory issue. Though I have enough memory, something strange is happening and filling all the memory.

Some strange thing fills the log file. I have huge memory of log file created and thats the reason for capacity full issue.

See the below log details from Asterisk full log.

I am using A2billing calling card Callback feature and issue happens when it tries bride 2 SIP legs

Can some one help me what is this means "ast_read() called with no recorded file descriptor."

Sample log file

[Aug 6 06:50:49] VERBOSE[7412] logger.c: -- Called ActionVoip/00XXXXXXXXX
    [Aug 6 06:50:49] VERBOSE[7412] logger.c: -- SIP/ActionVoip-08d021a8 is making progress passing it to SIP/ActionVoip-08d11cf8
    [Aug 6 06:51:07] VERBOSE[7412] logger.c: -- SIP/ActionVoip-08d021a8 answered SIP/ActionVoip-08d11cf8
    [Aug 6 06:51:07] VERBOSE[7412] logger.c: -- Native bridging SIP/ActionVoip-08d11cf8 and SIP/ActionVoip-08d021a8
    [Aug 6 06:53:07] ERROR[7412] channel.c: ast_read() called with no recorded file descriptor.
    [Aug 6 06:53:07] ERROR[7412] channel.c: ast_read() called with no recorded file descriptor.

Your help will be much appreciated

Thanks
    Senthil

12. dicko

13. rafael

Hi senthilarasu,

Can you please start a new thread for this issue? That would make a lot easier for people to help you.

Welcome to the Elastix community :D

Rafael

14. senthilarasu

15. scristopher

my problem was caused by an update of apache, permissions were wrong for everything after that. resolved when changing the user from apache to asterisk.