Elastix Remote Extensions Don't Work

techieg

Helo All,

Has anyone been able to setup remote extensions with Elastix? I am having issues; no audio in either direction at all. I setup Elastix and Trixbox on two different boxes with exact same hardware and the Trixbox works remote extensions perfectly only by setting the externip= and localhost= fields in sip.conf general settings but Elastix does not. I have done everything even entered it in sip_nat.conf (which I had to create) but still no show. This may be an Elastix bug.

Any ideas?

Thanx.

lordforbes

I have remote extensions working (as well as local ones) ..

No real trick but for the forum please answer the following:

Does the extension actually ring??

You mention externip so I assume the Asterisk box is behind a NAT/Firewall?

When you say you have a Trixbox and Elastix side by side do you mean on the same LAN... because you should be doing some form of port forwarding on your router (forwarding 5060 and the respective RTP ports, perhaps 10001-20000 to your Asterisk system.

I've been where you are and I would say pay the extra and get a fixed external IP address for Asterisk ... (doesn't matter too much about the phones as long as in the extension setting you code nat=yes or nat=always.

Hope that ramble helps...

techieg

What I meant was that I have two Dell boxes with the same exact hardware, one Trixbox and the other Elastix. They are both configured exactly the same to the T. I only turn one on at a time to test since they both have the same IP addresses for port forwarding. When I turn the Trixbox on everything on it works fine but when I turn the Elastix box on remote extensions do not work.

If I may ask, Hwt did you have to set to get remote working? I only had to set the externip= and localhost= values to get Trixbox remote extensions working.

ego

Just, two days ago, I said good bye to my trixbox, and I installed elastix 1.1

I can't get work the same remote grandstream with the same router buffalo, the same ports open, and the same internal and external ip, and the same changes I did to my sip_nat.conf.

I am so sorry to return to my TB.
I hope some tip, but I can't see nothing in the web about.

reynolwi

i was actually having problems as well getting remote extensions to work. I went in and set externhost and the other settings in the SIP.CONF and then prot forwarded and was only getting 1-way audio. I use grandstream phones and devices and i went in and set the SIP Server and outbound proxy to a name i registered with no-ip.com since i have dynamic ip where elastix is. I set the SIP userid and authenticate id to the numeric extension and for the authentic (secret) password that you set when you create the extension as the extension number as well. Then i deleted the extension and did an amportal restart command on the server and then recreated the extension and it worked.

check out this link. i used it to verify everything was correct when i recreated the extension.

http://www.freepbx.org/support/document ... -extension

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fpino