Elastix Recording error

ferdinandbabst

Hi

I have installed a clean install of Elastix and configured the entire server. Everything works great, except when I do a system recording by dialing *77 I record a voiceprompt and then I press * to listen to it. All is fine. When i try to save the file i get this:

cp: cannot create regular file `/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/custom/testcall.wav': Permission denied

any ideas what this could be and how can I resolve it?

I am logged on as root. Its the same account used during system setup

ferdinandbabst

Sorry I typed * instead of 1. typo error. I dial 1 to listen to it but cant save it

dicko

/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/custom/

must exist and be writable by asterisk(not root) the account under which runs the web server runs, create it if it's not there and then chown asterisk:asterisk it.

ferdinandbabst

Thanks Dicko

I am very new to linux so i am not completely sure how to use chown to assign asterisk permission.

jgutierrez

You can do the command operation, or use an updated Elastix version, I remember that bug, it was corrected on a more updated elastix version.

tataghost

I also faced the same problem and i donot know the solution so, could any one tell me the write one /

ramoncio

Hi tataghost, wellcome to the forums!

dicko is telling you one solution (use chown), and jgutierrez another one (update with yum).

If you can't do that then you'll need to read A LOT before you start using Elastix or any other asterisk-based distro. Find some CentOS tutorial and study it, you'll need it.

tataghost

ok thanks so much

put now i want solution for the comming case , look i already connected 4 port fxo card to my elastix
what i want from extention say 101 i want to pick the land line 3 which connected to the fxo card in port 3
meaning from ext, 101 dial 6 then get the land line 3
and from another extention 102 when dial 6 i got nothing that mean just only ext, 101 dial 6 , gets the land line no 3 and so on for more extentions and land line
please forgive me if i was not clear as iam still new in this world (elastix)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marouen