Elastix RealTime (ARA)

Discussion in 'General' started by tescamela, Feb 18, 2010.

1. tescamela

Hi to everybody!
    i'm looking for a solution in storaging all my peer and user information directly in a mysql database.
    I found some information about howto configure extconfig.conf and res_mysql.conf but with no success. My distro doesn't work! (Elastix 1.6)
    Can you help me please?
    Thank you!!!

2. ramoncio

Hi tescamela, wellcome to the forum.

Elastix, AFAIK, doesn't support asterisk realtime.
    Maybe freePBX does, I'm not sure. But Google doesn't show many promising results.

If you manage to make it work, please report here how you did it.

3. tescamela

thank you for your quick answer!
    but if i try for example to create a new db with my user information (without using default asterisk one) and then configure the 2 files res... and extconf... maybe does it work or not? Do you know how can i fix it?
    I need realtime becouse i'm trying to create a sip structure with more than 1000 users and so i need a centralized db for pulling reg. information and then a correct way to do it :) with load balance between server.
    I found some info about dundi. The idea is: all my users use the same dns for registering theirs UA. one sip or proxy (not very clear) server must handle their requestes and forward to one of not fully loaded PBX (load balance)
    Thanks again for your disponibility! I hope to help you as soon as possible!

4. ramoncio

For such a big user database, and if you plan to do load balancing I think you should consider combining some Elastix boxes with a sip server as Kamaillio (formerly OpenSER).

5. tescamela

i know... it is a great solution! I'd like studing how to do it... but i didn't find anything about it. I need a book or manual! Anyway... no problem! :)
    thank you the same!