Elastix/PIAF etc vs Switchvox?

Discussion in 'General' started by oshkosh, Aug 24, 2010.

1. oshkosh

Hey everyone. I've been using Elastix/PIAF for awhile now and was just comparing to Switchvox to see what you get when going official and purchasing hardware vs a PC with a custom system. I'm used to all the advanced features that Elastix provides such as unlimited extensions and so on. In looking at Switchvox though it seems really restricting. The most basic system only allows 1-30 users which is fine, but it then just seems like overall would be much more expensive. It forces you to get minimum 10 extensions, and then you have to pay a licence fee per extension yearly plus a support fee which is around $660 total each year which to me defeats the purpose of owning your own phone system.

I'm comparing this strictly to their hardware Switchvox. Long story short we're a technology reseller in telecom but we only resell connectivity right now so internet, phone lines etc and we were looking to partner with Digium to sell their hardware. I'm just comparing what my cost was to install Elastix on a PC with Cisco phones vs Digium Switchvox and it's quite a lot higher. Is that industry standard? I know Nortel/Panasonic etc PBX's don't have the licence and yearly maintenance fees required so just looking at it from a customer standpoint I'm not sure if it's good and wanted your thoughts. Thanks!