Elastix out of my lan

toma

Hi guys. I got a little doubt here. Im new in this world of VoIP, Elastix, asterisk and all this stuff, but reading the books and the forums I was so excited that I decided to get a try of Elastix on my own. And it works perfectly at my home and my lan. But here s the thing: I wanted to try outside of my lan but it doesnt connect. I though it was because I needed some kind of dns software of something so I downloaded no-ip software, but when I tried it does nothing: it doesnt connect. But the dns software works, because I tried to remote desktop one of my pcs and it works. Could anyone tell me what do I need to do so I can communicate with my home when I get to internet outside my lan? I really appreciate it. By the way, I used a Nokia N800, thats a IP Phone, and a X-Lite softphone, and I get the same "cant connect" message.

PD: If this post is repeated, sorry, and please guide me through the post with an answer.

Patrick_elx

did you forward the proper ports from your WAN to your LAN?
did you setup the proper IP/fqdn on your pbx setup?
are your extensions NATables?

Read the chapter in Elastix Without Tears about router setup.

toma

Ok I solve the thing by myself (or better say, thanks to the book)... The thing is, I was putting a SIP Extension, but the correct thing was IAX2 Extension :D. Now the thing that I need to focus is: If I put an IAX2 Extension, does that will work on my lan too?? Thanks in advance.
did you forward the proper ports from your WAN to your LAN?
did you setup the proper IP/fqdn on your pbx setup?
are your extensions NATables?
yep dude, I did... I dont know whats FQDN means though, but it works so I guess so :p

cbpapi

Yeah, it will work. If you are planning to use your IAX endpoint only in your LAN enviroment, use the local IP instead of the global IP/address so as to save bandwidth. Otherwise, use your global IP/address at all times.

echealth

I am having a similar issue I think. I am trying to connect to the office Elastix box with a softphone and the thing is connected and even has a dial tone but I can't seem to make any calls.
Any ideas? Thanks

Patrick_elx

look at the log in the server to see what's happening (/var/log/asterisk/full)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr