elastix on Xen

nima0102

Hi every body
We have one Debian server as gateway,so we want to install Elastix as IP-PBX, Is it possible to install Elastix with Xen technology on Debian ??

Thanks in advance

nima0102

Maybe I could not clearly tell my mind.
Is it possible to install Elastix (with openvox card) on Xen ? Does Xen recognize OpenVox cards or another analog cards??
because I got some answers on IRC #elastix that for using hardware card on elastix, elastix must is installed on real server!!!

Thanks in advance

rafael

It is possible to install Elastix in XEN.

About the hardware question, not sure. But you can allways use fx0 gateways for the trunks.

regards,

rafael

nima0102

rafael said:
It is possible to install Elastix in XEN.

About the hardware question, not sure. But you can allways use fx0 gateways for the trunks.

regards,

rafael
Thanks for your attention
What is your mean "FX0 gateway"?? May you give me more info about it?

Thanks in advance

dicko

It is possible but tricky to present pci hardware in either dom0 or domU machines, but only of course in one machine, with pciback and pcifront,

ref: http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/vie ... t_id=52425

But for reasons of rock solid timing and other problems/headaches, I found it more of a PITA than a boon.

JM2CWAE

dicko

rafael

If you use analog telephony to connect to he pstn you would need fxo ports. They can be telephony cards such as openvox, digigum, etc, They can also be devices that you connecto the the network using Ethernet and they would allow you to connect to the pstn. This link may be useful for you:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/VoIP+Gateways

regards,

rafael

nima0102

dicko said:
It is possible but tricky to present pci hardware in either dom0 or domU machines, but only of course in one machine, with pciback and pcifront,

ref: http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/vie ... t_id=52425

But for reasons of rock solid timing and other problems/headaches, I found it more of a PITA than a boon.

JM2CWAE

dicko
Thanks for your reply
Did you try it???
Because we have a Debian as gateway, so we do not want to install another server for IP-PBX:(

dicko

I did but was not satisfied, I suggest you follow rafa's advice.

nima0102

dicko said:
I did but was not satisfied, I suggest you follow rafa's advice.
Thanks for your attention
What do you mean "not satisfied"? what problem did you experience?

Thanks in advance

dicko

As I posted:

Read that as Interrupt issues. If you care to, install it yourself and see, YMMV. I assume it's a matter of what sort of para-virtualization your hardware support.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti