Elastix on my Mac Parallels 6.0?

Discussion in 'General' started by fulfillmentguy, Mar 8, 2011.

1. fulfillmentguy

Hi guys,

I have used many forums over the years for many things like Jeep mods etc.. Very excited to get started with Elastix, I was thinking of using my Mac its got more than enough power and using parallels on one of the virtual desktops? Is this possible I know you usually have to load these types of platforms on basically a machine solely used for for this, but I am just checking. I was really close to going Trixbox, but after reading so many horror stories about them, I m almost sure I will go with Elastix this is my for my company we do e-commerce fulfillment, trucking, warehousing, call center(starting) printing and design, so I need a stable system with the features we see especially as our new site goes up and were driving all kinds of traffic I need control whats going on I was going to start using the Call Center module. Don't kill me if this question was answered before, but forum searching is horrible, and I only found an article in Spanish.

thanks
    Marc
    732 927 1495
    (Looking for an individual to maybe set up the system)

2. dicko

Welcome here fulfillmentguy:

That's just not a good idea for any number of reasons, see other posts here regarding virtualized Asterisk.

Paid support is available at the link below called conveniently "Paid Support" :)

3. fulfillmentguy

Thanks, just saw the subscriptions, thats great! I know the Elastix has the CRM integration for Sugar but what about Zoho? Is there any call popping in the most recent stable version? That I could just attach a url sort of like in Trixbox Pro? Whats my options here, is that part of the Call center module? How is this system compared to Pro's Call center edition?Ques obviously, reporting is it sort of like the HUD Thanks.

4. dicko

Sorry that is no longer true, Elastix has bad support for a very old version of Sugar, also for an old version of Vtiger, both can be made to work as I'm sure could Zoho, which seems to have support for Asterisk 1.4 (Elastix 1.6) All you need is a module that talks to AMI on tcp/5038. and understands the Asterisk AMI Events to do the call pops, that would be prt off the CRM chosen.

The Call Center modules does not currently integrate with anything (some would say not even with Elastix itself correctly :) :) )

5. jennymoore

Hi Marc!

I know you've poste this question a while back but if you still happen to be looking for a great CTI that integrates well with Elastix and ZohoCRM and SugarCRM then you can check out Tenfold (re-branded from Callinize). It has the call pop up feature that you're looking for as well as other features like click to dial, automatic call logging, etc. Here is a list of their integrations: https://www.callinize.com/integrations/elastix/