Elastix not playing telmex prompts

Discussion in 'General' started by mariner7, Oct 20, 2010.

1. mariner7

Oct 8, 2010
    I've installed an A104 card with ELastix 2.0, It works fine but I have the following issues for which I can't find an answer:

1. Here in Mexico we have a unique way to call cell phones and for national long distance numbers we used to dial as a normal phone (long distance prefix+area code+phone number). You can't do that anymore. You have to dial 045+phone number. Whenever you call a cell phone with the area code+number you get a message from the telephone central reminding you that you have to call with the 045 prefix and the call is disconnected. The problem here is that the customer agents are not getting this message the phone keeps ringing for a long time until it is disconnected and they are never aware that the phone number belongs to a cell phone. If you dial the number from outside the Asterisk (a cell or a different land line) you can hear the message and that is how we became aware of this situation.

2. Telmex has a voicemail system for all their users and the situation is similar. The phone rings and if the voicemail is opened you can't hear the outgoing message so the agents are not aware that the voicemail is available

Any help is greatly appreciated