Elastix not detecting zap/dahdi channel in use

Discussion in 'General' started by fmarinonj, Sep 9, 2009.

1. fmarinonj

I have a zap/dahdi channel setup as outgoing only. The incoming calls on that line are picked up manually. See this thread for further info:

http://www.elastix.org/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=55&func=view&catid=3&id=35100

The problem that I am having is, when I dial out, Elastix will pickup the zap/dahdi channel without checking if it is already in use. This results in dtmf tones being sent over an active call and the Elastix call not going through.

Is there a way to ensure that Elastix checks to make sure the line is not in use by another system prior to dialing? I thought that the system would check for dialtone prior to attempting to dial, but it does not seem to do that.

I am using a TDM400P card with one FXO channel on it.

Thanks.

2. fmarinonj

Well, I've done some more digging around and apparently, Asterisk does not check to see if a zap/dahdi channel is in use prior to using it. There was a package that someone wrote call NVLineDetect that supposedly did this, but it is not valid for Asterisk 1.4. It may have worked under 1.2, but I can't seem to find a copy of this anywhere to investigate further.

Just thought I would let everyone know what I found out. If I am wrong and you come across something that does this, please let me know.

Thanks.