Elastix Node from two trunks

Discussion in 'General' started by MaiKeLNai, Mar 7, 2011.

1. MaiKeLNai

Hi guys,

I don´t know if this is the right place to post this issue, so sorry if it isnt.

I´m new with Asterisk and I have a question because I´m trying to comunicate a videoconference server and a Ericsson PBX using an Elastix server as a node. I´ve create a SIP trunk to the videoconference and ooh323 trunk to the Ericsson PBX. Both trunks are working fine.

My question is if I have to configure something else in each trunk to comunicate Ericsson client between videoconference clients, because I only have set the outgoing setting and the outbound routes for each trunk but nothing else and it´s not working.

Thanks for ur help,

2. fmvillares

video over h323 does not work and will not work as ooh323 does not support those functions and h323 is deprecated since many yeas ago.
    To have full interop u need to have truxnks 1 route or more assgined to that traunks and then inbound routes.
    Elastix without tears book and voip-info.org are the best options to seek for tutorials and tips.

3. MaiKeLNai

Thank you very much for your answer,

I´m not trying to set an h323 trunk for video callings, I´m doing this trunk cos the Ericsson PBX doesn´t support SIP in the cheapest version. So I´m just trying to connect with the videoconference server using an audio call. I´ve read Elastix without tears and I haven´t found anything similar to my case. My question is that if I can convert using Elastix a h323 call to a SIP call from one trunk to another trunk.

Thank you very much,

4. fmvillares

maybe if your ericcson h323 stack can connect to asterisk you could create a bridge..look into the serach engine and voip-info.org for ooh323 legacy integration but remember not to have many hopes as h323 support for asterisk is nearly at 0 since 2007