Elastix IVR IAX

Discussion in 'General' started by javivi, Jul 22, 2009.

1. javivi

Hi, I'm newbie in Elastix and inthis forum.

I have an Elastix connect to a traditional pbx with a Zap channels, and this elastix is connected with an asterisk, too, with IAX.

To make call between traditrional PBX and elastix, I call a number (3) in the pbx, and in the elastix is incoming in a IVR, I hear a beep and a call a any extensions of my elastix, I have activated free dialling opcion in the IVR options.

When I want to call to extension in the another asterisk by IAX, i call a extension in my elastix and i go to a IAX truk to asterisk, its ok.

The problem is when i try to call an extension in my asterisk from PBX, when i call 3, I hear a beep, and i call an extension of my asterisk, i hear a locution that say taht this extension is invalid.

How can I do, to when I call an extension of my asterisk, through IVR, I send thee call to the TRUNK??

Thanks a lot...

2. Megabyte

You can use a switch parameter in IAX in your elastix server

switch => IAX2/aiatek:alfio@to_iaxprovider/unlimited

Where:

aiatek: Username
    alfio: Password
    to_iaxprovider/unlimited : your provider or another server / the context where your extensions are in asterisk.

3. javivi

Ok, and then how can i do to make call through IVR, with free dial?

Thanks

4. Megabyte

Like you always dial to your elastix, when you dial an extension to your elastix you will go to a context, in that context include the switch.

5. javivi

Ok, ok I understand it...

There is any way to make it in the web interface, or I colud make it in a text file?

6. Megabyte

You have to do it in configs files manually you can go to /etc/asterisk and edit extensions_custom.conf and you can add the switch in [from-internal-custom]

7. jgutierrez

Another solution is that you find out the name of the ivr, through the CLI. To know it, you should open the CLI, and receive a call that will go into the IVR, usually they are named something like ivr-2.

Once you know the name of your ivr's context, you should edit /etc/asterisk/extesions_custom.conf

And create the following context (I will asume that the name of your ivr's context is ivr-2)

[ivr-2-custom]
    include => outrt-004-iaxcalls

where outrt-004-iaxcalls is the name of the outbound route that lets you call into another server using the iax2 trunk, in order to know the exact namr of your outbound route, you may check /etc/asterisk/extensions_additionals.conf and search for the context outbound-allroutes

Once you have done that, execute from the shell:
    asterisk -rx "reload"

8. javivi

Ok thanks at all...

I'll try it

9. mostafa33

i have tried the steps that "jgutierrez" shared it and the call went through the trunk but now the problem in the voice, i can't hear the voice and also the callee can't hear me !