Elastix in Multi Company environment

gbrown100

Hi,

I have several companies in one place. I would like to set up a phone system that is functionally separate for each company (i.e. different SIP trunks, inability to call each other internally via extension, different menus etc). Is there an easy way to do this without running multiple installations?

I would prefer it to be a supported solution so this may mean purchasing the Palosanto hardware!

Thanks

Graham

fmvillares

please contact paul estrella in palosanto or any authorized reseller
pestrella (at ) palosanto (dot) com im also reseller but its not ethic from my point of view to offer my services before palosanto helps you

gbrown100

Thansk for the reply, I am looking for an indication of if it can be done whether in a supported flatform or not, I just prefer supported. I have emailed palosanto but am interested in anyone elses views on whether it is a good idea or not. Anyone using it for this?

fmvillares

Re: Re:Elastix in Multi Company environment

it could be done easily but not with standar elastix install, you need to play around with private directorys and custom contexts that are part of freepbx 2.8 and 2,9 only

franklin

I did this precise thing. You simply use the instructions set forth in EWT. Create an outbound route for each company and force them out the trunk you define in the outbound route. You do this by commenting out all the other outbound routes in your restricted route you set up. It's really quite easy to do this once you get the hang of it. Run a tail and watch how calls go out when you get it set up to verify that calls/extensions are going out the right routes and trunks.

Then you have to modify your extension by using dial pattern rules, limiting the numbers they can dial. It seems to me it broke a few things and I abandoned the attempt. Call parking is an issue. Paging/intercom. Day/Night settings will show up on everyone's ARI Phone Features page. I was advised by the gurus here that Elastix is not really set up to be a true multi-tenant piece of software. You are taking something someone has written and trying to modify it in a way it wasn't intended. You'd be better off starting over with a base Asterisk, or buying something.

Good luck!

fmvillares

elastix "de-elastixed" as i called it when i tune up works like a charm in multi tennant environments and it could be paid also as a commercial solution the issue is that ootb elastix cannot be used for this you need to upgrade lots of things

namm86

You can do this through a third party feature from FreePBX, the name is "Custom Contexts"

The idea is to create a context inside this new tab on FREEPBX, tune the context the way you need it (you can select what feature that context would have available for example) then you can even select what trunk would be using. It really gives you a lot of flexibility inside ASTERISK. I had also set more than one trunk in "cascade" in case one of the trunks its already busy and it jumps to a secondary trunk.

Plus it allows you to control calls between the context really easy.

Let me know if you have any problem with it.

Nico

Lee Sharp

fmvillares said:
please contact paul estrella in palosanto or any authorized reseller
pestrella (at ) palosanto (dot) com im also reseller but its not ethic from my point of view to offer my services before palosanto helps you
Do you know where I can find a list of those mythical people? :)

fmvillares

jeje luis almeida morales from guayaquil, paul estrella from guayaquil (commercial guys) also alex villacis, bruno macias and eduardo cuevas (tech guys) rafael bonifaz community leader, edgar landivar owner....all public guys ...but if they dont support you comercially all authorized partners are here to help also (paid of course in that way)

Lee Sharp

I meant, do you know where there is a list of authorized resellers? It used to be on the website, but all those links now 404.

fmvillares

yeap palosanto page is broken....but in which country you are...i only know lat am frances spain and australia folks...in usa is only palosanto or one of us remotely...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fpino