Elastix in DMZ, Xlite won't connect.

Sarno

Hello,
I have the Elastix box located in a private network with my router DMZ setup to forward all the packets to the Elastix box. This means I can now access Elastix from internet.

It's the first time I am setting up Elastix and I setup few Extensions 3000,3001 etc.
I then tried to connect using Xlite (from the internet) but it won' connec't. The error is REGISTER 404 not found for user 3000@<ipaddres>.

Is it possible to connect a SIP phone in the configuration above or only within the local network ?

I did not setup endpoint configuration as the scan box only showed the local network. Is this step required to connect a phone ?

Regards.

Lee Sharp

Is the Elastix server using NAT in the dmz? Are the firewall ports open? Does it work locally?

Sarno

Hello,
tried on the local network and still the same problem. A part creating extension I have not done anything more. Is this enough to make calls ? Anything I am missing ?

Regards.

Sarno

I forgot one important step.... did not read the writing at the bottom of the page "Submit when done and don’t forget the red bar to apply the changes."
I forgotten... I then used freePBX and the some how the Apply Configuration Changes hit me... I re-read the book and yes it was at the end of the page.

Thanks anyway. It is working now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marouen