Elastix High Availability - Questions

Discussion in 'General' started by sipcom, Jul 24, 2009.

1. sipcom

Hello Everybody,

i´am trying to make heartbeat work between two elastix 1.5.2 servers. To be more precise, i am not having problems with the heartbeat itself but sync the two elastix boxes.

I´ve tryed deploying the solution using asterisk realtime to hold information of SIP registration, so when one machine stop functioning the other knows how to address the SIP requests.
    The problem with this is if I create extensions on the first machine but not the second one, those extensions wont ring when the second machine is up. On console shows that extension doesn't exist, but the information is there on Mysql database.

I've tryed even syncronizing both mysql databases without results.

How does freepbx or elastix stores this information, so I could create a PHP script to update it when I add an extension?

2. Megabyte

3. dicko

From the (freepbx) horse's mouth:-

On August 4th, 2008 p_lindheimer (Developer) said:

Asterisk realtime has nothing to do with FreePBX.

Philippe Lindheimer - FreePBX Project Leader

ref:

http://www.freepbx.org/forum/freepbx/in ... k-realtime

Background, FreePBX stores it's configs in mysql tables, the asterisk .conf files are rebuilt from them when you hit the orange bar with a javascript. Elastix is based on FreePBX. So there is a serious conflict here.

JM2CW

dicko

4. jammerz

I'm working on testing some HA stuff as well and would be interested what you find here.

Also I have posted a relatively simple container based / cluster type solution based on OPENVZ that proxmox has created at proxmox.com

May be worth looking into.

jf