Elastix functions

Discussion in 'General' started by Zach, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Zach

Can somebody tell me how to configure these functions in Elastix options and where ?

thanks in advance

-Caller ID Blocking
    -ENUM
    -Remote Office Support
    -Route by Caller ID
    -Supervised Transfer
    -Call Snooping

Can you provide me all steps ?
    please

thanks

2. busster8

-Caller ID Blocking
    I assume you mean outbound caller id. I am not sure you can block this from within Asterisk, but if your service provider supports the feature, say dialing *67 before the number, you can set up a separate outgoing route. Say if you dial 7 + telephone number, the system can then remove the 7, insert the *67, and send the outgoing digits to your provider. In this way all calls made with a dial 7 are caller id blocked.

-ENUM

Not sure.

-Remote Office Support
    Are you trying to connect two Elastix systems together or just have remote extensions? If your Elastix box has public IP, no big problem, if not, then check your port forwarding, then have your external box or station register.

-Route by Caller ID
    Easy to do in Incoming Routes

-Supervised Transfer
    Part of User training. Typically if I get a call to be transferred, you press transfer + extension to be transferred to, wait until the user answers, announce the call, then hangup.

-Call Snooping
    Not sure what you mean by this, but assume you want to monitor/listen to a conversation. Check feature codes, there is a code for this.

3. Zach

Thanks for your answer Busster8.

Just for more information.in some documents that I red about Elastix I saw these two features ( call snooping and call monitoring)and I was just wondering if there was a difference between them.

take a look here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Asterisk-Elastix-Ph ... 1280r22245

4. busster8

See what you mean, but I have never heard of "snooping"

Did find this however:

call monitoring: Allows a supervisor to listen in on a phone conversation and this can be achieved by zapbarge feature codes.

And call snooping is to Allows a supervisor to listen in on active calls across a group of phones.

Similar but different.