Elastix Features

Discussion in 'General' started by souxinh, Apr 10, 2011.

1. souxinh

Hi everyone,

I just wonder that is it me or it is the elastix limited feature that;

Elastix will work beautifully only with provider that allow elastix to register the trunk with them? (you know, you have user name and password string to registered with provider)

but if you want to go with provider that only want you to send call to them with prefix (just to select with route you want: premium or standard route) then elastix will not work very well? (ie, no audio)

My situation now is that I currently have 3 provider (outgoing call only) and 1 DID provider. My elastix registered with them all (with user name and password in register string...) All work wonderfully.

Now I'm looking into this new provider VOXBEAM that no registered need just your IP and you can start sending call to them. Well my elastix did just that, send the call to it and it connect the call but no audio. PS. I all tried with other provider (G3) that want to send the call to them, the same as this provider....you know what? it the same thing, no audio. That why I ask that if this is the limitation of elastix or it is just me. Or do I need other software (trixbox, or other) in order to work with this providers.....

Thanks in advance

Souxinh

2. jgutierrez

I think, that it is your configuration, not a big deal on your configurations...
    Check on your router/firewall that you are accepting RTP traffic from oyur provider (some providers sends audio through different IPs)
    Ans as well, check your settings on sip_nat.conf

3. souxinh

BTW, the provider voxbeam replied to me that out of many many clients, there is only one elastix that got it working with they system. but he can't said who.

He suggest me to drop all firewall and do the test call then start closing some port....
    I wonder how do I wireshark my elastix box??? I'm only good with windows, very basic with linux. So that I can see with ports they return rtp to me.

Anyone?

Souxinh

4. jgutierrez

Have you already tried to open ports 10000 - 20000 UDP for all IPs??
    That can help you on your issue, so if audio is sent/received through any other IP, it will just pass through.