elastix emails being rejectd as 'Domain not found'

Discussion in 'General' started by michaeldaly2, Apr 21, 2010.

1. michaeldaly2

Hi
    Use of standard antispamming measures results in Postfix rejecting emails from elastix

Refer log excerpt:
    Apr 8 23:31:00 XXXXX postfix/smtpd[28173]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from srv66.palosanto.com[65.196.156.166]: 450 4.1.8 <apache@nodo1.elastix.org>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found; from=<apache@nodo1.elastix.org> to=XXXXXXXXX proto=ESMTP helo=<nodo1.elastix.org>

To stop this, you have to have to create a sender_access file in the postfix directory, with an OK for these two domains (maybe just one would do...I put the two in ie the srv66.palosanto.com and the nodo1.elastix.org, then create the corresponding database via postmap, then reload postfix). Also, in etc/postfix/main.cf, the reference to sender_access appears as such:
    check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/sender_access
    and *must* appear before
    reject_unknown_sender_domain

It is otherwise impossible to register with elastix, if you are using standard postfix antispamming measures.

Michael

2. rafael

thanks Micheal I would send this post to the hosting admins.

regards,

rafael

3. michaeldaly2

thanks Rafael
    could you ask the hosting admins to activate my original account - michaeldaly - I am currently using michaeldaly2, which relates to an email address that is not my main one.

By the time I worked out how to get around the problem, the original activation email to the email address for the michaeldaly account was not longer being transmitted.

Michael

4. rafael

I updated your original account. Please sendme an email to rbonifaz[at]elastix.org if need help with that account.

regards,

rafael

5. michaeldaly

thanks rafael...posted via the michaeldaly account!
    Michael

6. rafael

Nice, now we can say welcome michaeldaly :). Hope to see you around very often in this community.

best regards,

Rafael