Elastix Debug Logs Help

Discussion in 'General' started by jandir, Aug 26, 2008.

1. jandir

How do I look at Elastix logs. A lot of people say on the forums to look at the CLI for messages but what is the specific command?

I have basically configured ipkall with gizmo5 and I am trying to use Elastix as a Gizmo5 user agent. I did get ipkall to work with a ATA configured as a Gizmo5 user agent so the ipkall to Gizmo5 setup works fine.

However with my elastix setup I can make outgoing calls just fine through the Gizmo5 outbound trunk but I don't seem to receive any calls on my inbound trunk from ipkall. All incoming calls directly go to the Gizmo5 voicemail indicating that maybe Elastix is not registered properly with the Gizmo5 SIP server.

How do I look at the registration messages?
    How can I force Elastix to re-register with Gizmo5 and can I set a registration timer (like in an ATA) anywhere?
    How/where do I look at the SIP INVITE messages coming in for an incoming call and the response?

I will try to point ipkall directly to my Elastix server to bypass Gizmo5 once I have figured which ports to open/forward in my router/firewall.

Thank you.

2. MageMinds

You connect in ssh to the server and then to go to the cli of Asterisk you have to issue the command
    Code:
    asterisk -vvvvvvvr
    Then in the CLI to show the sip messages you issue
    Code:
    sip set debug
    And to disable the sip debug
    Code:
    sip set debug off
    Some other usefull command to debug:

Show if your trunk register
    Code:
    sip show registry
    Show channels when you're in a communication, usefull to see what codec is being used
    Code:
    sip show channels