Elastix Capability.

Discussion in 'General' started by jimikid2002, Jul 14, 2009.

1. jimikid2002

Hi all,

I am a new user of Elastix 1.5.2. For last 2/3 weeks I am (Test) running a elastix system on a core2duo 2.4 GHZ, 2GB RAM, 80 GB HDD and around 30 sip extensions in my office. It seems very stable and I never experienced any call drop or other bottleneck. One vendor (they are trying to sell an expensive PBX system) came and complained, Elastix (asterisk) is not capable to handle more than 30 concurrent calls. Now my bosses are really concerned and allowed me one more week to confirm the facts.

Can anyone please help me to prove/find out 'facts' or if someone had done any R&D please share your findings. FYI If my project go live, we have to use 3/4 ISDN PRI and 4 analog PSTN lines. Please help me friends......

Regards
    Jimi

2. dicko

3. jimikid2002

Thanks! Dicko, You are a real 'life saver'. I have got enough material to make my bosses understand. Thanks Again, thank you very very much.

Regards
    Jimi

4. dicko

You're welcome, (and welcome to Elastix):

you said:
    use 3/4 ISDN PRI and 4 analog PSTN lines. Please help me friends......

I hope you meant 3/4 ISDN BRI . . lines. if so 4XBRI + 4xPSTN = max of 12 external calls, (plus internal intercom)

IMHO, for 30 stations (unless a call-center) then you have sized your box very conservatively and should have no problem with this hardware, even if you add a whole bunch of SIP calling.

5. jimikid2002

Dicko

By 3/4 PRI, I wanted to tell 90/120 channels, We have two branch offices, which we need to connect through PRI. And One PRI will be used to get PSTN connectivity. All branches will use the third PRI to access PSTN. 4th PRI will be used If we need more PSTN channels. If anyone can recommend a suitable server spec for this setup, I will be very grateful.

Regards
    Jimi