Elastix CallCenter Module vs Vicidial

Discussion in 'General' started by rpennol, Mar 9, 2011.

1. rpennol

Hi All !
    I would like to know the differences between Elastix Call Center Module and Vicidial (ViciBox/GoAutoDial).
    I think the are very similar ...
    Tnx :D

BoB

2. fmvillares

100% percent different and for different targets...
    vicidial is a professioanl grade really hard to install call center opensource software
    elastix call center is a minimalistic but very functional small call center suite mostly for small call centers that need limited functionality

3. vicidial

At this point ViciDial is not really that hard to install if you use the ViciBox install ISO(http://www.vicibox.org/server/index.html) It has support for Sangoma out of the box as well as MFC R2 support.

4. rpennol

But, at the end, what are the goals of elastix call center and the goal of vicibox ?
    I suppose: vicibox = answering machines and fax detection, elastix call center no ...
    And after ?

5. vicidial

The goal of ViciDial is to be a full-featured inbound/outbound/blended call center suite with over 2000 options, and a web client that allows for custom fields and detailed logging.

ViciDial is also designed to be multi-server, capable of handling hundreds of agents and thousands of telco lines.

As for specific differences between ViciDial and the Elastix Call center module, I haven't tried the ECCM since it was first released and the manual links for it on this website don't seem to work at all, so I cannot give you a good comparison. I can tell you that ViciDial offers many more options, and a lot more control over how the predictive algorithm works.

As for Answering machine detection(AMD), the version that is built into Asterisk really doesn't work very well. It is 70% accurate at best and adds significant delay to calls getting to agents, so we usually do not recommend using it. If you need AMD, we do fully integrate with Sangoma's commercial CPD solution.

6. fmvillares

+1 to vicidial guy...but again...vicibox is not difficult to install ...having the non iso tarballs integrated to a solution in production in asterisk is somewhat difficult

7. fulfillmentguy

I guess vicibox gets loaded onto the Elastix server?

8. fmvillares

Re: Re:Elastix CallCenter Module vs Vicidial

read the mail my friend...vicibox is an iso a linux install cd that need a dedicated sysetm to work and then you add all other stuff connecting to it....not an elastix addon...
    i recommend that you buy some vicidial support time to get your questiosn resolved as this is an elastix forum not a vicidial one

9. vicidial

Yes, it is recommended that you give ViciDial its own machine. You can easily set up a trunk between ViciDial and Elastix(or a PBX) if you want to still use your existing setup.

We do have a free and very active ViciDial Forum as well:
    http://www.vicidial.org/VICIDIALforum/

10. scenarist

I installed Elastix's Call Center module but it seems that with this call center module I can not make outgoing calls? I created outgoing campaign but when I login on agent console I can not see my telephone numbers which I have to call.

although in User manual of Call Center and Elastix's site wrote that we can configure outbound campaign and make outgoing calls !? but it is not true!?

whatever I need call center who will be able to make outgoing calls and receives incoming calls. That call center will have 30 agents.
    Please tell me , what is better solution for my needs ?

ELASTIX CALL CENTER or VICIDIAL (VicidialBOX Server) ?