Elastix Call Recording and Renaming Files

Discussion in 'General' started by raj, May 3, 2009.

1. raj

raj

Dear Experts,

A not totally but still new to Asterisk and Elastix.

i have couple things i need to know hope someone could help me here,

Q1. For the call queue inbound monitoring (Call Recording) is fine i want to know how can i make all inbound and outbound call recordings? there is a total of 10 Agents in this call queue i need to records all inbound and outbound calls for.

Ans: ______________________________________________________________________

Q2. Recording of the calls are done in Elastix but how can we rename to our convenience?

Ans: ______________________________________________________________________

Q3. Our server have two NICs if i give one NIC the Private IP and Second NIC PUBLIC would it help configuring Moblie Phones as Extensions? such Nokia E61i? and connecting 2 Elastix Boxes together? would it eliminate NAT Issues?

Ans: _______________________________________________________________________

Q4. SugarCRM is there working fine but i have no idea how to use it any pointers? how it helps with Elastix PBX?

Ans: ________________________________________________________________________

I have many other questions i need to ask in order to get my hands wet on Elastix but im waiting for the above questions to be answered so that i can start working on, however i have successfully installed Elastix, have configured Digium TE212P card and have editied Elastix's Hardware Compatibility List in order to help others in Forum and will continue to help with whatever i can.

Thanks to all of you in Advance for your time trying to help me and answer my querrys.

2. bugbeta

record?
    if you install elastix 1.52

3. raj

raj

Thank you for the response dear, awaiting others to comment.

i have tried your suggestion but it records for all of the extensions and i need only for extensions of a queue only. thank you for your help.

4. raj

raj

Guys no one have few minutes? for me? please friends, i need help.

5. Godfrey

Hi,

"pbx-->pbx setting-->general settings-->call recording-->Extension recording override",over there,you can setting all extensions record enable.

This does not set all extensions to record if fact it prevents all extensions from recording even if the record in and out are set to always under the individual extensions settings.

6. raj

raj

Godfrey can you now please explain the recording format of the elastix whether it does in MIXMON way or it records each conversation in two seprate files and later we have to use MIXMON command to get them together? for us to listen it as conversation between 2?

7. Godfrey

As far as I have read it uses mixmonitor but don't hold me to this. If you look in /var/spool/asterisk/monitor there will be only one file per call.

8. ramoncio

When you configure each extension you can set it up to record all calls, never record calls or record on demand.
    Then in /var/spool/asterisk/monitor you will have a directory for each extension with its recordings, you don't need to rename the files.

9. raj

raj

Thank you sir.

so it is confirmed that it records as MixMonitor? and keeps the name is unique so we dont need to worry when we need to search for one perticular recording for a perticular day?

Thank you Sir. there is few more questions if you could answer( if you have some time).