Elastix & Automated Backups

byaru1

Hi,

I have tried to search the forum archives but did not find an answer. In case I missed something, someone please point me in the right path.

I'm using Elastix 1.6, there's a backup/restore function on the WEb UI.

I would like to have my system automatically do the backups, say, once every day. I would then have automatically copy the backed up files to a NAS via rsync.

However, I cant do a cron to do the backups because I *dont know* which script is responsible for starting/invoking that backup on the web interface.

Any pointers are appreciated.

Kalama Sutra

Good morning byaru1,

Elastix 1.6-xxx itself doesn't seem to have this feature of timed back-ups ...

<< beta Version 2.x does ... but it's for testing purposes >>

But, go a step deeper into your system via the FreePBX underlying application.

Under "Tools" / there is a back-up / restore scheduling item ...

Others with much more experience and knowledge will add a couple more items: where to have that scheduled BU files reside somewhere other than your elastix machine AND another ( hop in here dicko ) full system back-up application for your whole computer box, not just your elastix portion.

Good Luck,

JIm

dicko

You can't go wrong following Marie's deconstruction of the Elastix backup process:

http://www.elastix.org/component/option ... ,en/#24469

when you "add stuff" (avantfax etc.) you need to backitup. You need to back it up regularly and appropriately, who wants there voicemails and faxes from last friday restored, loosing the bits between then and ?, it's a "wise virgin" thingy.

dicko

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fpino