elastix and usb

Discussion in 'General' started by mfdukn, Dec 10, 2008.

1. mfdukn

Hi!
    I have fresh installed Elastix 1.2
    I have USB device for asterisk(www.mobigater.com)
    I have this error during boot of OS:
    USB device not accepting new address=4 error=-71
    So, device does not works:(

I'd Update BIOS, turn off USB 2.0 support in BIOS, change USB port, insert PCI-USB Card, change PC...
    result is the same: USB device not accepting new address=(same value)error=-71
    it repeates not everytime. Sometimes all loads OK and then device is working. After reboot - not.

This is problem as here http://www.linux-usb.org/FAQ.html#ts6
    but I did not find how to resolve it
    somebody can help me?

2. mfdukn

3. Bob

Bob

Unless someone has come across this exact issue before, it is going to be a bit of pain to resolve. It is likely to be a hardware compatibility issue.

Unless you want to spend many hours, scouring many forums looking for the issue, but my personal gut feeling would be to spend $25 on a new USB card to see if this resolves the issue. I am not saying your ports are faulty, but it could the USB controller chip which is not working well with Centos Kernel.

Another test would be to get a LIVE LINUX CD like Ubuntu or similar, which run off the CD (which means that you don't blow away your Elastix, and see if it recognises the USB device when you plug it in. At least that will start to put us in the right direction. If Ubuntu recognises it, then again, it might be worth spending $25 on a USB card to see if its chipset works better.

The other thing is, can you confirm that the USB is showing up correctly on the logs

less /var/log/dmesg

and showing no errors.

If this is ok, can you plug in a USB Memory stick and mount it successfully?

Regards

Bob

4. rafael

About the livecds I would recomend you to use CentOS live cdthat is almost the same than Elastix. In fact Elastix 1.4 would be a base on CentOS 5.2 so if the usb drivers work on the live cd it should work on Elastix 1.4

Regards,

Rafael

5. Bob

Bob

Rafael,

The reason why I suggested using something like Ubuntu, would be to confirm whether it is a Linux driver issue. If it failed with Ubuntu as well, then this would point to a USB Hardware/software issue, and would be worth their while obtaining a more generic USB board.

Regards

Bob

6. mfdukn

I did try this device with Fedora and ubuntu I've got the same: error 71.(Window does not see it too:) )
    So, i think, it is hardware fault of this device. I send it back to dealer to change for the new one by warranty. When i'll get it and test, i'll post messge here.

7. mfdukn

I did some actions:
    cd /usr/src/kernels/2.6.18-53.1.19.el5-i686
    make menuconfig -> device drivers -> UPB support -> exclude OHCI HCI support
    ->exit->exit->exit
    them 'make' but got such message:
    [root@elastix 2.6.18-53.1.19.el5-i686]# make
    scripts/kconfig/conf -s arch/i386/Kconfig
    CHK include/linux/version.h
    CHK include/linux/utsrelease.h
    make[1]: *** No rule to make target `init/main.o', needed by `init/built-in.o'. Stop.
    make: *** [init] Error 2

how to rebuild kernel in elastix-1.3?