Elastix and FreePBX

Discussion in 'General' started by jaypieren, Jul 30, 2008.

1. jaypieren

Elastix is a great distro for all the PBX related applications.:)

One thing I do not understand is why double up the work on FreePBX to manage the PBX while it's already there with it's own GUI?
    The embedded FreePBX engine has everything to manage the PBX part or do I miss here something? It is confusing having 2 PBX management interfaces.

The value of Elastix PBX management in my view would be a customisable view of the parts someone would like to manage within the FreePBX (similar to Elastix group profiles but just subset view of the FreepPBX but linked to FreePBX).

Nevertheless great distro and I appreciate all the work done!

2. rafael

The idea of the 2 freepbx is that the embedded was created to be integrated with Elastix as one tool so it is easy to administrate specially for starter users. If you don't have all you want on the embedded you can always use the complete version of freepbx that have more options than the embedded one.

best regards,

Rafael

3. jaypieren

Thanks for the reply I understand that.

Still, I think putting in the effort in a custimised view of the FreepBX rather than re-develop the front-end part would be easier. The benefit would be no need to to make code changes to Elastix whenever something changes in FreePBX. I just noticed when I upgraded to FreePBX V2.5 that it brakes the frontend.

best regards
    Jay