Elastix 5 Hardware detect

Mohamed2wls

Hi,
my english is bad , but ....
Im newbie in world of elastix , And special thanks for evryone who use ELASTIX solution .
I had elastix 4 and it's good , but when i install Elastix 5 in real machine server for testing the solution i cant
find the option DETECT HARDWARE . i have SANGOMA on my server .
So what can i do for this stuf .
THANKS for HELP

AJP

Staff member
Hi,
my english is bad , but ....
Im newbie in world of elastix , And special thanks for evryone who use ELASTIX solution .
I had elastix 4 and it's good , but when i install Elastix 5 in real machine server for testing the solution i cant
find the option DETECT HARDWARE . i have SANGOMA on my server .
So what can i do for this stuf .
THANKS for HELP
Hi Mohamed2wls, the option Detect Hardware is not on version 5 due that we instead to use SIP gateways, it brings the user more versatility, density, easy installation and maintenance, also support for the gateways listed such as Patton, Beronet, Welltech: https://www.elastix.org/voip-gateways/

However in order that you keep using your analog interface card you can create a SIP trunk between the Elastix V5 and your old system to redirect incoming and outgoing calls to the PSTN, so your old system will be now a SIP gateway.

Best regards!

jang

Hello AJP, Sorry, confused with your statement above. I myself also cannot get the Digium card working. I am using a Digium Analog card, with 4 FXO. I created SIP, but can't get it to work. Am I correct to understand from your statement above, I can still use my Digium? Any specific instructions?

Yeison Camargo

Staff member
Hi Jang,

What Alejandro was trying to say is that Elastix 5 is now 3CX. In this way, we have a list of supported gateways:
http://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/

We do not support the Digium card. So, if you want to use the Digium card, Alejandro suggested a trick where you need to have 2 different servers:
1. Elastix 5 (3CX)
2. Old elastix mayble 2.5 (which supports the Digium card)

And then create a sip trunk between them.

If I am not wrong you are the same person asking about the SIP trunking, if this is the case remember you can only have 1 SIP trunk in the free licence edition.

If you have further question. PLease do not hesitate to write!

jang

Thank you Yelson for the clarification. Yes, I also asked about SIP.

Yeison Camargo

Staff member
Awesome!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pahntom