Elastix 2.0 Faxing Help

Discussion in 'General' started by centritech, Mar 21, 2011.

1. centritech

I have recently installed a fresh version of Elastix 2.0 and upgraded FreePBX to 2.9 and tried to set up faxing the same way that I have in the past using elastix 1.5 & 1.6.

1. Create IAX2 ext
    2. Create a Virtual Modem using the Elastix Fax tab
    3. Creating an Inbound route and route it to the newly created IAX2 ext.

The virtual fax list says that my modem is Running and idle on ttyIAX1, However if I do a IAX2 show peers I get the following

3000 (Unspecified) (D) 255.255.255.255 0 UNKNOWN

I also get Registration Failed in my /var/log/iaxmodem/iaxmodem-cfg.ttyIAX1

End result is that the virtual fax does not pick up.

I have verified in the Virtual Fax list that my ext number and secret does match to what I'm using in FreePBX.

Am I missing something in my setup or is there another setting that needs to be done manually in Elastix 2.0?

Thanks
    Scott

2. centritech

I think I might have solved my issue by manually setting the requirecalltoken to no instead of the default of yes.

I had tried this earlier but only did an amportal restart and an iaxmodem restart. This time I did those two plus restarted hylfax.

Now the asterisk cli says my ext in registered:)

-Scott

3. leiw3248

Hello,

Could you teach me how to setup Fax on Elastix 2.0? I can't set it up ....

Thanks !

4. centritech

I got this working by setting it up like you would in Elastix 1.6. The difference is the IAX security present in Asterisk 1.6, which is in Elastix 2.0, prevents the IAX2 modem from registering.

You have to set the requiredcalltoken option to no. There are several ways to do that. Either through editing iax_general_custom.conf or if you update Freepbx to 2.9 there is a option in the extension to set that parameter so that it gets into the iax_additional.confi file.

Before you change these parameters you should read Diguim's protocol notice change.

http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/secur ... urity.html

The reason this is in there is to prevent DoS attacks.

Note that if you update to 2.9 you will break the Elastix pbx module integration. Freepbx has several new features that I liked so at this point I'm not worried about it being broken. I hardly ever used the Elastix PBX tab anyways.

-Scott

5. leiw3248

I will try it later and report to you.

THanks !

6. leiw3248

Hi,

After edie calltokenoptional to = 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
    it can fax !!

Thanks !

7. leiw3248

Hello,

Do you know how to set one tel line for fax to multiple email ?

Thanks !

8. skyrun

I had this same issue and tried this fix (thanks!!!) HOWEVER it didn't fix the problem. a quick spin through the Asterisk logs showed that it was failing because it didn't have anywhere to write the fax (in a directory called 'fax' in /var/spool/asterisk... so i did a mkdir /var/spool/asterisk/fax and voila... now faxing in works.

i didn't have to define an IAX extention to direct it to... i just defined detect fax on my incoming line and set the fax destination to an extension that had 'fax' enabled.

it's working, but does anyone more experienced know why it may be better to use an IAX extension dedicated to fax?

9. centritech

It sounds like you are using the FreePBX for faxing. These instructions are for implementing the Hylfax addin that comes with Elastix.