Elastix 2.0 Beta not working

briankelly63

Just to experiment I downloaded the 2.0 Beta last night and installed to a test machine. Connected two clients, an Aastra 57i and and Xlite client which are ext's 101 and 202. Both registered but I cannot make any ext to ext or ext to test number calls. Currently there are no trunks configured. The only info the prints when I look at the CLI output is below even though I have verbose in the 80's

== Using SIP RTP TOS bits 184
== Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5
elastix*CLI>

nothing further!

Does Asterisk 1.6 which is part of this release require something special to get basic functionality up and running?

even dialing *64 or *60 fails...

Brian

rafael

briankelly63

Hi Rafael... I did report this, two days have gone by and it hasn't even been assigned. Is that unusual?

Unless its just me I'm saying the image on the 2.0 beta iso doesn't work... I would think someone would want to address that quickly..

To restate the issue: 1.6 iso on this computer and with 57i and xlite phones registers and functions fine. If I install 2.0 beta image in the same exact configuration I can register but all calls fail. By calls all I'm talking about is from one extension to another. Obviously the big diff between these two setups is asterisk 1.4 vs. 1.6...

Brian

rafael

what is the number of your bug?

regards,

Rafael

briankelly63

thx

triotech

I can confirm same problem here in Italy, may be would be better to take off this beta version from the web site if the basic functionality is not working yet.

Anyway I congratulate the team on the new interface, is clear that a lot of work has been done on the GUI

I'll be waiting for a more stable beta to test, I'll stick to Elastix !!

Thank you
TT

Trevisan

The same is happening to me here in Brazil.
Is there a fix for this bug?

Thanks.

rafael

Trevisan

Thanks Rafael!!!

I upgraded freepbx and solved the problem.

briankelly63

How could an image make it to the beta stage with such a major issue? Anybody testing the basics?

dicko

Seriously guys this surely belongs in the beta list, bitching and whining here will get you absolutely nowhere, It's a BETA release that means you report your problems on the BETA list, all kudos too you for participating but absolutely NOT HERE, DO YOU GUYS GET IT?? again just in case you missed it its a BETA. OK? please follow the unwritten rules. I can pretty well guarantee that those over worked devolopers really don't care whether you hosed you production server or not but would love to hear what particularly is not working for you, I can pretty well guarantee that only a nominal overview is even taken by them of these forums, if at all.

Beta's are NOT for production - END OF STORY.

dicko

briankelly63

We can all share opinions here, thanks for yours but I disagree. A glaring error like this would be appropriate for an Alpha release and even that would be pushing it. Think about it... a Beta where extensions don't work, come on how obvious does a problem have to get. If before putting this thing out there someone would have loaded it up and configured even one extension the problem would have been noticed.

How about a refrigerator that doesn't get cold, its about as ridiculous.

I really don't get the tone of your post... no one said it was production, there's no b or w.. I was the first to open the bug report.

Save the CAPS.

fmvillares

hey guys i agreed with dicko, its a beta...end of story must have errors to find them...also im the creator of beta testers list so if you wanna contribute also please join beta testers email list to discuss this items in the correct places...for example this error never happened to my beta and has never been discussed in beta list because some of the testers always use fully upgraded freepbx install and yum upgraded too latest in every single install...so im a tester and this bug never happened to me....because even not knowing it we were inconsciously fixing it...
see ya in beta testers list

dicko

thank you fmvillares i think its a very good thing you are posting here recently, the beta dudes have been remarkably absent here for a long time i appreciate your sudden presense (notice the almost total absence of UPPERCASE :) )

triotech

I agree with briankelly63, a bit more basic testing is necessary. As of now the beta image is still with the same Jan20 date. Would Elastix produce a new image soon that we can all download and test ?
Thank you
TrioTech

fmvillares

thanx dicko im absent because i dont like forums very much im a list type guy jeje..but sometimes i wake up with changes in my head so...im here...
guys if you wanna collaborate with beta testing you need to be very skilled in asterisk freepbx and soft compillation, kernel drivers etc...also php, java skills and mysql knowledge is very useful to understand what lies beneath the hood of elastix´s developers great work so...if you wanna collaborate with us join the list and help us testing ..we are really few guys doing this...
se ya all

Bob

I wont start this post by saying who is right and who is wrong, that's not what this post is about.

BrianKelly63 has a point. He has used the bug list which is great, he is testing the Beta's which is also very much welcomed.
The only issue is the forum that he used, it should be kept on the Development or beta Lists.

The beta should not have made it to beta release with basic functionality flawed. However, it is very much recognised how the ISO is built, errors that can occur. Even a simple item like updating Freepbx modules can do the damage. The person compiling the ISO, may have done some final checks, but they may have been done with extensions already added, not adding new ones.

So the real answer is that the release mechanism needs to be improved. But as a community effort, this means we need to commit to assisting in the beta tests. As an idea, possibly before release, they release it to say 10 Elastix users (lets call then Beta Release Team) with reasonable experience on say a Friday, with reports to be submitted by Monday COB. As long as basic functionality is not affected, they release on Monday Night or next day.

This would mean that the core ISO compiler, email all Beta Release Team members, letting them know that there is a download (not public) that needs testing. Those members commit to testing on at least one piece of hardware, and run through an hour of tests within 3 days. It is recognised that not everyone can do it on every release, but say at least 5-6, this would prevent some of the basic errors. It won't capture everything, but then again it is a beta release.

I have even been putting together a basic test sheet (anyone can do it) for simple tests that check for common mistakes. Anyhow there is more thought that can be put into this.

Again I know how BrianKelly63 feels, I recently downloaded a beta, interested in having a play, only to find a major piece of the product flawed, where basically I wasted my time downloading the beta. It is deflating, and you do wonder how it got out, but it does happen. All we can do is put in systems to make sure they don't happen.

Sorry I have not been around on the forums lately and unable to test some beta releases, but it has been a heavy 6 weeks since Christmas, and also involved in other Elastix projects which will come to light, hopefully soon.

Regards
Bob

briankelly63

That's exactly what occurred with me.. I spent a few hours, several installs etc etc I assumed it had to me, a machine, network issue whatever. ISO image releases should go through a fresh install process and at least basic functional tests as you suggest and then be released for more specific testing and experimentation.

danardf

Hi Diko
Hi fmvillares.
For your information, I sent a mail on the Beta list, and today, I've not any answer!

30-Jan-2010 8h38 [ Beta-testers ] Some problem with Beta1 IAX2 and SIP.
Impossible to make a call SIP:

== Using SIP RTP TOS bits 184
== Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5

I have an extension 200, if I call a trunk, or myself, no route destination.

And If I add an IAX2 trunk, there's nothing with iax2 show peers but into the file it's ok.

Regards
--
Franck Danard
An answer? No!

fmvillares:
.so im a tester and this bug never happened to me.
ok, maybe for you, but there's lots of guy with this bug. So we can say : there's a bug.

The way that said: Make an update Freepbx to 2.7 beta.. I think that is not really the solution!
Why want change the Freepbx version. It's not provided into the 2.0!
It's easy to say... upgrade freepbx into the beta version if this it's unofficial (unofficial like Elastix 2.0 beta).

Rendez-vous to the Beta list... ;)

I wait.

fmvillares

well franck im in permanent touch with bruno macias (developer of elastix) and after trying this and see that is working in my beta system i comented to it and well we have left the item there because one of the todo´s pending is upgrade to 2.7 final before launching 2.0 also i disincouraged to test some items for example a2billing because its years old right now....
but yes franck you have a point because one of my flaws as a tester is not to share sometimes my discoveries...because of my close relation with palosanto developers...
just open msn and report it directly to the developers and thats it, bruno opens the ticket and review it directly and then he reports to me if it is solved or not....
and you have testedit with you own module...how many days i´ve delayed the test of your call center template....and the call center break bug?? was ever reported in beta list...mmm no....

best regards to you and all

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mai Tuyen