Elastix 2.0 and OpenVZ / Proxmox template

Discussion in 'General' started by gl1176, Aug 13, 2010.

1. gl1176

Here is a howto on installing Elastix 2.0 in a vm under OpenVZ / Proxmox:

#Download, compile, and install dahdi on hardware node

#Download a Centos 5.4 template for the same platform the hardware node is 32/64 bit
    cd /var/lib/vz/template/cache
    wget http://download.openvz.org/template/pre ... _64.tar.gz

#Start vm and give it access to the /dev folder
    vzctl start $VID
    vzctl set $VID --devnodes dahdi/channel:rw --save
    vzctl set $VID --devnodes dahdi/ctl:rw --save
    vzctl set $VID --devnodes dahdi/timer:rw --save
    vzctl set $VID --devnodes dahdi/pseudo:rw --save
    vzctl set $VID --devnodes null:rw --save

#Download Elastix 2.0, mount on hardware node, and copy the folder to the vm
    cd /var/lib/vz/template/iso/
    wget http://downloads.sourceforge.net/projec ... go2010.iso
    mkdir /mnt/Elastix
    mount -t iso9660 -o loop /var/lib/vz/template/iso/Elastix-2.0.1-x86_64-bin-07ago2010.iso /mnt/Elastix
    cp -R /mnt/Elastix /var/lib/vz/private/$VID/usr/src

#Enter vm and configure below:
    ifconfig eth0 192.168.128.12/24
    route add default gw 192.168.128.1

yum -y install createrepo
    createrepo /usr/src/Elastix

echo '
    [local]
    enabled = 1
    name = Elastix
    baseurl = file:///usr/src/Elastix
    gpgcheck = 0
    ' > /etc/yum.repos.d/elastix.repo

yum -y update

yum -y install asterisk* elastix-* freeze fxload libmfcr2 lzop perl-HTML-TokeParser-Simple perl-WWW-Mechanize mod_ssl mlocate gcc gcc-c++ system-config-network-tui wget sox nano

mv -f /etc/yum.repos.d/elastix.repo.rpmnew /etc/yum.repos.d/elastix.repo

yum clean all

sed -i 's/TTY=9/#TTY=9/g' /usr/sbin/safe_asterisk
    sed -i 's/chown asterisk \/dev\/tty9/#chown asterisk \/dev\/tty9/g' /etc/init.d/asterisk
    sed -i 's/\/sbin\/start_udev/#\/sbin\/start_udev/g' /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit
    sed -i 's/\/usr\/sbin\/fxotune -s/#\/usr\/sbin\/fxotune -s/g' /etc/rc.local
    sed -i 's/chown $AMPASTERISKUSER \/dev\/tty9/#chown $AMPASTERISKUSER \/dev\/tty9/g' /var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx_engine

chkconfig haldaemon off
    chkconfig asterisk off
    chkconfig dahdi off
    chkconfig wanrouter off

rm -rf /etc/init.d/dahdi
    rm -rf /etc/init.d/wanrouter
    rm -rf /usr/src/Elastix

echo 'DEVICE=eth0' > /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
    system-config-network

service mysqld start
    /etc/rc3.d/S66elastix-firstboot start

reboot

yum -y update

################

I also have a 64 built template for download:
    https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B8T1zyMj ... load&hl=en

You must run below and reboot on first boot:

Have fun,
    Gil

2. aboferas

have you managed to get PCI passthrough working for your FXO cards?

3. gl1176

I have only got a redfone bridge to work with the dahdi drivers installed on the host server.

I wouldn't recommend a TDM card to be installed into a OpenVZ server with out the know how and testing to add the /proc/dahdi or /proc/zaptel file access to the server. I have also seen people reference the need access to the /dev folder, but I didn't need it using the redfone bridge.

You definitely need to give access to the /proc/dahdi or /proc/zaptel for accurate time source for the meetme app, which a lot of features use like call park.

I would recommend using a quality FXO gateway like Audiocodes for FXO termination. If you have a lot more lines to support, redfone bridge works for T1/E1 (still haven't tried a TDM card internally), or just use a really good SIP provider with a QoS/MPLS provisioned circuit designed for VoIP.

4. gl1176

I have only got a redfone bridge to work with the dahdi drivers installed on the host server.

I wouldn't recommend a TDM card to be installed into a OpenVZ server with out the know how and testing to add the /proc/dahdi or /proc/zaptel file access to the server. I have also seen people reference the need access to the /dev folder, but I didn't need it using the redfone bridge.

You definitely need to give access to the /proc/dahdi or /proc/zaptel for accurate time source for the meetme app, which a lot of features use like call park.

I would recommend using a quality FXO gateway like Audiocodes for FXO termination. If you have a lot more lines to support, redfone bridge works for T1/E1 (still haven't tried a TDM card internally), or just use a really good SIP provider with a QoS/MPLS provisioned circuit designed for VoIP.

5. johnyoung6966

Hi,

Just done:

I also have a 64 built template for download:
    docs.google.com/uc?id=0B8T1zyMjIRDgMjBjM...t=download&hl=en

You must run below and reboot on first boot:

Installed on proxmox template and all is good - calls terminate through freepbx but when I implicate the a2billing outbound trunk I get the "all circuits are busy - please try your call again later"
    take the a2billing back out of the equation and it all works
    The problem is something to do with passing the call to a2billing.
    I have even tried following steps listed here: http://sysadminman.net/blog/2010/create ... lling-1282 with the outbound route as Local/$OUTNUM$@a2billing/n but still no luck.

Any ideas ????

John

6. gl1176

I don't use a2billing, so I can't help you on that.

But, this template was based on 2.0.1 of Elastix, so you might want to update the system, along with search the forums for the same problem in the a2billing section for Elastix 2.0.1.

7. netizen

Is this supposed NOT to be using DAHDI?
    I just followed the guide (thank you for putting there)..however it seems there is no DAHDI present or something else is wrong.
    >>>
    [Aug 13 15:51:33] VERBOSE[10075] config.c: == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/meetme_additional.conf': [Aug 13 15:51:33] VERBOSE[10075] config.c: == Found
    [Aug 13 15:51:33] WARNING[10075] app_meetme.c: Unable to open DAHDI pseudo device

Also, I am getting complaints about TTY9... is this related anyhow?

Please advise!

Thank you
    N

8. woodpecker

Hi,

I'm interested in a template for OpenVZ with Elastix (preferrably version 2.4.

At the end of your post you mention a template on docs.google.com but I don't find it there. Any place where I could get it?

thanks

9. ictdude

This 2.0 and OpenVZ / Proxmox template looks really nice.

Just did install it. Will give it a try for testing. Do all the basic functions work fine ? Who also did test this OpenVZ template ? Can it be used for production ? Sombody did test it ? I will test it. And if i got time report it here :silly:

10. woodpecker

hello ictdude

From where did you download this template ? I would like to test is too !

tx

11. ictdude

From this location: This link Looks its not working !? :S Do you have a account where i can upload it ?
    Its to big to mail haha :silly: Sent me your info or a ftp account ...

12. woodpecker

Sorry - I don't have a google account or ftp site at the moment.
    Can I ftp it from your site ?

tx

13. remark

I have Elastix 2.4 (upgraded from 2.3) on Proxmox, but I didn't use template.
    Just created new VM and install Elastix from ISO.
    Installed on May, 2012, and it runs smoothly, but I have no any hardware cards on it, only SIP trunks and extensions.

14. woodpecker

aha, that's what I also did, but hoped to find a template to make additional virtual pbx installs easier. I guess I can create a template myself from what I have installed in the VM, so that next installs can be done in containers.

anyhow, with the ISO install I do have problems with the keyboard mapping. It seems that the Elastix distro supports only limited types of keyboards - none of them give a workable for my belgian (dutch) type keyboard on my laptop. The best match was be-latin, but some characters I jut do not find anywhere on the keyboard...

When trying us,uk,fr,de all of these give a lot of keys that give errors - so I wonder how I can fix this.

15. ictdude

Sorry i have no ftp. You need to give me something to upload the OpenVz template B)

16. ictdude

I use a OpenVZ template because it uses 10 x less resources then a KVM iso :silly:
    That is why. Just today tested inbound number and Outgoing trunk went perfect.

I use a venet network on Openvz. I do a Dnat (NAT)tot the IP adress. Until now i did
    not change a settings concerning NAT on Asterisk. Seems to work. Portforwarding looks ok.
    Calling audio is smooth ...

17. ictdude

Change your keyboard setup in your Windows ? Or Linux. I have the template it was on this forum now its gone. So i run Elastix now in a container (OpenVZ) :p I would like to upload it somewhere if somebody give me a location :) Until now it really looks fine what the original poster did. Transform a iso in to a container. Saved me some work. Easy to install.Few minutes and ready :) Would be nice if Elastix also make Elastix containers (OpenVZ) to download ...

18. woodpecker

19. ictdude

Maybe stupid question how can i upload there ? Do i also need a account ? ;)
    Drag and drop ? :S

20. woodpecker

You have indeed to make an account for Google drive (just click on "drive" item on the google start page and you can make a free account with 5 GB).

After that you can upload the template file from your PC into the link that I have set for public sharing. I never did it before - but should be possible...

I'm out now - so will notice only to-morrow if you mangaged to upload.

tx